New tractor

JimE

why do you want a 40k gearbox on a tractor, obviously another tractor driver that doesnt know the law, tractors are only allowed to do 20mph, PERIOD, irespective of what gearbox is in them, to exceed this speed a tractor MUST be fitted with suspension on all 4 wheels, and have a brake on all 4 wheels, at present only 2 manufactured vehicles comply with this, fastracs and unimogs. any faster than 20 in any other tractor =3 points and £60-00.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you want a 40k gearbox on a tractor, obviously another tractor driver that doesnt know the law, tractors are only allowed to do 20mph, PERIOD, irespective of what gearbox is in them, to exceed this speed a tractor MUST be fitted with suspension on all 4 wheels, and have a brake on all 4 wheels, at present only 2 manufactured vehicles comply with this, fastracs and unimogs. any faster than 20 in any other tractor =3 points and £60-00.

someone should tell the polis round here that:001_rolleyes:

So our John deere that are chipped and all 50k boxes that we run flat out is wrong. Never see the police telling us off. Just saves having a que behind me. :thumbup:

Only true on the road maybe the OP wants to go fast around his fields:001_tt2:

Hi Hedgesparrow, the Kubota we had here was from Gaskins. I dont think they have anything cheaper sadly, but will ask them.

R Hunt is who I bought my current tractor off, will have to give them a call. Thanks.

I'm really only looking at the big manufacturers as the others suffer in terms of resale value. Sure its cheaper for me now, but in 10 years time my experience is that Deere/Kubota etc will have held their value much better. My current tractor for example if worth more now than what I paid for it.

I hadnt thought of McCormick, I will take a look and see what they look like.

And I do like Massey 390T, good call on that.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with any machines like this?

Thank you all for your input so far

Edited by JimE

why do you want a 40k gearbox on a tractor, obviously another tractor driver that doesnt know the law,

Thats very presumptuous of you!

A 30kph tractor goes 30kph flat out, a 40kph tractor goes 30kph at lower revs. Less diesel, less wear.

Not all of us have to drive everywhere flat out all the time!

A fried if mine runs a brand new kubota not sure of the model but its 130 hp and 11 months old and just gone back to main dealer for the 3 red time with problems such as oil leaks , electrical issues and starting issues , it's also very tonka toy like as far as build quality IMO

Hope you have won the lottery though as they know how to charge, some crazy prices at dobbos, good lads though:)

HI MATE thats ok if you have £100k plus i no there a out fit to jon :thumbup:

I know where you are coming from but good lads and willing to deal. Excellent service and will stand by a machine. If they were that dear they wouldn't shift so many machines every day.

You would get a good 390t for that money , and it would be worth good money in years to come , it's 90 hp but yet a small 4 cylinder tractor with little electronics to go wrong

Real tractors. Some of the 18 Speedshift's were flying machines too.