Remote yard cctv security

Dean Lofthouse

I have been looking at putting in a security camera in at my yard and wirelessly linking it via microwave or radio to my house 800m away and linking it in to my existing system.

All this is very expensive to have pan tilt and zoom function as well means a two way communication system, we are talking thousands.

Whilst browsing all the different systems I came across some cheap controllable cameras that work from an fixed IP data SIM card over the 3 or 4g network ie. orange, vodaphone etc. which can be remotely viewed by PC, iPad or smart phone and controlled

This could be a good cheap system we could all utilise for yard security, a wagon battery would power it for weeks, add a solar panel...... Dvr and you have 24 hr recording too.

Does anyone run a 3G camera ?

Pro,s Con,s ?

This is an indoor version of what I mean

YouTube

go and look in a big maplins do some very good cctv stuff looked at one which was 24hrs was linked to phone or pc if it was tripped it came up on pc or alerted you on phone. if i am correct had 4 cameras and was less than a £1k to buy did a solar unit to fit to it to power the unit so saving on cable

All that is needed is a remote SIM card router for £30 and you can use any cheap ip camera and log in from your pc or mobile to view, the only data you will use is the data from logging in.

A lot of cameras now have an alarm trigger output or motion detect output which can be set to text or email through the supplied free software.

Potentially you could have cctv anywhere you want for around £100 quid

• 3 months later...
I have been looking at putting in a security camera in at my yard and wirelessly linking it via microwave or radio to my house 800m away and linking it in to my existing system.

All this is very expensive to have pan tilt and zoom function as well means a two way communication system, we are talking thousands.

Whilst browsing all the different systems I came across some cheap controllable cameras that work from an fixed IP data SIM card over the 3 or 4g network ie. orange, vodaphone etc. which can be remotely viewed by PC, iPad or smart phone and controlled

This could be a good cheap system we could all utilise for yard security, a wagon battery would power it for weeks, add a solar panel...... Dvr and you have 24 hr recording too.

Does anyone run a 3G camera ?

Pro,s Con,s ?

This is an indoor version of what I mean

YouTube

Yup.. I do have a CCTV camera in my home but its fixed and is only installed at the outdoors with a 3G facility that to with a sensor that detects any moments and also captures it,, But before installing any CCTV camera just make sure that you'd applied it at a very specific place since these camera's have a specific range which is limited to specific area only.

Hope this works out!! :thumbup:

I believe sharing info is important, however I suggest having this discussion in the members only forum since the balance of the world can and does read this site under this listing.

No point advising the enemy of ones intentions in advance.

easy-lift guy

If you tell them in advance it may well prevent them getting up to mischief in the first place.

In England it makes no difference because if the camera covers a place with public access ( as this will) you are obliged to put notices up anyhow.

My biggest concern has to do with the specifics and free flow of information under general chat. I believe the members only forum is far more appropriate for sharing opinions and suggestions about security measures when protecting ones belongings. If anyone honestly believes that the post on this site are only read by good hard working people trying to help one another remember the opposite is sadly very true, IMHO.

easy-lift guy

My biggest concern has to do with the specifics and free flow of information under general chat. I believe the members only forum is far more appropriate for sharing opinions and suggestions about security measures when protecting ones belongings. If anyone honestly believes that the post on this site are only read by good hard working people trying to help one another remember the opposite is sadly very true, IMHO.

easy-lift guy

Well the recent "show us your kit" thread is a thieves charter but even if its in the members area that's no protection, all they have to do is join:thumbdown: