Finger teeth versus Green teeth.

Le Sanglier

I have a Rayco 1625 and it's been a good grinder.

I'd like to up the amount of grinding I do compared to tree surgery, ('cos it's dead easy and pays well!)

One day I'd like to trade up but find that at the moment it does all I ask of it.

I've always used finger teeth, they're cheap and easy to replace so I've not bothered to look into getting Green teeth.

Here's my question, has anyone changed from one to t'other and noticed a tangible increase in speed/productivity? lots of peeps seem to swear by them but often they seem to have started with Green teeth so no comparisons.

I had finger teeth on my old Carlton 2010 and the moved up to green teeth and found them better but when I got my small RG13 I put multi tip on and found them even better, I really think multi tip at more efficient and the do seem to eat stumps quicker.

Sent from Outerspace.

We started with finger teeth and moved onto green teeth 700 lopro they do grind abit quicker than finger teeth but not anything special.

the fact they are twice the price and not twice the productivity goes against them !.

The only reason we stick with green teeth is because they are so much easier to swop over and they can be reground to a good sharpness, whereas finger teeth are shite and don't regrind well at all.

it really is a 6 of 1 job :D

Back for a late lunch.

Been grinding out a laurel hedge underneath pleached limes all morning in the drizzle.

In the 3 years I've owned my grinder and only used Green/Red teeth I have only ever thrown a tooth once...until today.

I have lost 5 this morning!

Smashed them on hidden iron bars like rails embedded in concrete and sawn off below soil level.

I'll take images later.

Luckily, I have lot's in the tool box and they only take a few minutes to change over.

We started with finger teeth and moved onto green teeth 700 lopro they do grind abit quicker than finger teeth but not anything special.

the fact they are twice the price and not twice the productivity goes against them !.

The only reason we stick with green teeth is because they are so much easier to swop over and they can be reground to a good sharpness, whereas finger teeth are shite and don't regrind well at all.

it really is a 6 of 1 job :D

Thanks a lot, as I suspected:001_smile:

I changed to green teeth and it added another 50 hp to my machine;)

I have machines with finger and the same machines with green. The green seem to cut a lot better.

Finger teeth are a piece of piss to sharpen and do sharpen up well

Great info! (liquid lunch?)

Back for a late lunch.

Been grinding out a laurel hedge underneath pleached limes all morning in the drizzle.

In the 3 years I've owned my grinder and only used Green/Red teeth I have only ever thrown a tooth once...until today.

I have lost 5 this morning!

Smashed them on hidden iron bars like rails embedded in concrete and sawn off below soil level.

I'll take images later.

Luckily, I have lot's in the tool box and they only take a few minutes to change over.

Cheers Ty,

Finger teeth do snap a bit but at 3 quid a pop it's no big problem.

Easy to change also. So durability is a side issue, It's their superioity (Or otherwise) to finger teeth I wanted to gauge.