Vermeer 935i

colwoodlandcare

Ok sounds promising. Yep it has the Perkins engine.

Only thing that made me worry this morning when picking it up is the guy we brought It from had some eucaliptus cuts. 10mm stuff, it struggled to grab hold of it unless you bunched a big amount up but guess its just learning.to use it differently to are old one.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we're used to snedding differently now with mine. It may sound a bit mad, but try and do as little snedding as possible, that is, leave everything in as long and big pieces as you can. It will self feed and crunch forks like nothing you've seen before, and dont be too keen to reverse the drive roller, it will keep going.

This mentality has meant we no longer need a chipper saw. In fact, the chipper man doesn't need to have a saw ticket!

Trial and error mainly, but dont be scared of trying stuff you'd normally think wouldn't go through:thumbup1:

No. Its much better than that, it only has one! It is 18" diameter though and the roller carriage weighs nearly 250kgs!:thumbup:

Oooops! I bought a single roller machine once, never again! I reckon he's dropped a bollock there.

There's a reason nearly all machines have two, and I suspect in the coming weeks he'll find out.

Oooops! I bought a single roller machine once, never again! I reckon he's dropped a bollock there.

There's a reason nearly all machines have two, and I suspect in the coming weeks he'll find out.

I will put two weeks wages on the fact you didnt buy a 935 then?:sneaky2:

Have a read of the whole thread mate, and in particular my comments.

Yeah i used a single roller machine once, and only once!!!!!!

never again but it works.

I can read well enough and no I've never had a 935, but if they're so great why haven't all the other manufacturers caught on? They continue to stupidlly add that superfluous bottom roller. The fools!

Sounds like you've missed out then!