The Worker

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think Im wasting my time hear

everyone claims to be an expert but dose not know what they are talking about them selfs

reading posts before I lasted posted no one has actully read what I have been posting

enginering tips forum I think

Well thats me told, there are one or two on here that may disagree with you but everyone has a right to an opinion.

I did try to answer your questions, a dry plug means you have no fuel, you need to inspect the insides of the carb to see if there is fuel in the diaphragm chamber, if there isn't then check the pumping section, if there is no fuel in there it is probably a tank vent or impulse problem, if there is fuel in the pumping section and not in the diaphragm chamber then it is probably a metering arm height issue.

If there is fuel in the diaphragm chamber then the jet or fuel pickup hole in the carb may be blocked.

I hope you follow me so far, you may get further info on my "Whats on your bench thread":001_rolleyes:

Expert....Nah:001_rolleyes::lol:

Spud your wasting your breath with this one I'm afraid.

I got a pm from him and its just useless. The man won't listen to the help that was being offered. And wouldn't say what saw it was anyway.

No matter how good people are they just can't help if the make of saw isn't given. I did try to help out by posting the make of saw but its a bit late for it now.

Lets take the positives out of these threads, by the OP.

this forum is here to help, not just "The Worker" but the wider audience. I've had two clients bring me their saws because they won't start, both very simple user error things which I now have to charge my time for. The tips on these very pages might just help someone else out there googling across the web to find out why their saw wont start.

As for using chain oils, I live in the country, many "old boys" still use engine oil, hydraulic oil, or indeed any oil that they have kicking around their sheds, it seems almost the norm, and they don't understand all this fuss about using chain oil, cos they've done it that way wince they were young.

Re: files, that seems almost a black art to the uninitiated, I know some favour the good old 4" angle grinder as it does the job :001_rolleyes:

Thanks to all of those who helped with the info on "The Workers" threads, I'm hoping its helped someone who really needed help, hence I'll not remove them.