Adverting new company

Will Cobb

best way is flyers, then u can deliver to the rich people who still spend money these days. But seriously, they are alot more direct and depending on the design alot more enticing, as for instance the yellow pages has alot more companies that may appeal more attractive to a proportion of customers.

well thats what i think.

but word of mouth is the best after a few jobs, plus it means you have an excuse to go to the pub and "advertise" :001_tongue:

best way is flyers, then u can deliver to the rich people who still spend money these days. But seriously, they are alot more direct and depending on the design alot more enticing, as for instance the yellow pages has alot more companies that may appeal more attractive to a proportion of customers.

well thats what i think.

but word of mouth is the best after a few jobs, plus it means you have an excuse to go to the pub and "advertise" :001_tongue:

pub:scared1:dont do it. you get drunk and agree to take down a monster beech for a couple of pints or forget to phone the folk you promised you would. but the chicks do dig the braces:001_tongue:

Try as many ways as you can think of. Keep very close tabs on what works and what doesn`t. Every quote you do should be traceable back to where they got your number. If something isn`t working drop it quick. If it does, keep throwing time and money at it to improve and expand it.

If someone pays you a few hundred pounds to do any work they should be thanked.

Leave a customers property much tidier than you find it. So they notice it for days after.

If you`re writing copy for ads, concentrate on what`s in it for them. Not about you, your qualifications, your health and safety, your equipment etc. They most likely don`t care about that as much as you would think.

Whatever you do do not be the cheapest.

Best of luck.

word of mouth and a good reputation goes along way. sign written vehicles have worked well for me.

if your from a small community get some flyers or business cards in the local pub, shop, garage etc.

today i took out an ad in the parish council magazine which included ads in the local footie club and cricket club website and newsletter, didnt cost alot gives me good local coverage and supports the community

pub:scared1:dont do it. you get drunk and agree to take down a monster beech for a couple of pints or forget to phone the folk you promised you would. but the chicks do dig the braces:001_tongue:

haha, quite tru, but get drunk quik enuf and u'll loose most of ur senses, so ever u or the potential client will not know whats goin on.

and chicks do love the braces, simular to a fire man.

No experience of this but my girlfriends parents just got someone in to do the windows for them. They had a cheaper quote but because the guy didn't provide a business card or even a flyer they were a bit wary. So I guess the moral is, make yourself as professional as possible and a good portfolio of work to show clients and business cards could go a long way.

Oh ... and chicks do seem to dig the braces.

I had the experience that SWB mentioned about a monster tree that i said i would take down for next to nothing and a few jars, won't be doing one that size without an experienced person to guide me again:scared1:. On the subject of birds and braces, over shoulders or hanging down at back?