Woodchip finish to roof of wooden long house

Les Cork

Hi all

Several years ago a group of Arbtalkers visited the Penshurst off road centre known as PORC to see the huge seven sisters tree and the amazing wooden long house built from trees in the same wood.

Now nearing completion Mike Westphall who owns it has asked if it could be possible to blow woodchip onto the roof using a powerful chipper to finish the roof, so i'm asking all Arbtalkers for suggestions as to how we can get tonnage of chip up on the roof and will it be visible to a TV camera in the air ?

You see Mike is getting the TV boys back to see the completion.

I have suggested to him to invite carvers to also have a carving comp there with a auction sell off at the end again on TV with the proceeds going to Help for Heroes and Kent Air Ambulance.

So anyone interested ? ideas ? want to help ? which chipper is powerful enough to do this ? any carvers interested in a two day carve fest with camping etc thrown in and an auction at the end of your work ?

May i suggest that during this event a free climb at the PORC woodland takes place as a free get together with a camp over available as well so Arbtalkers get to see/be part of this.

Naturally as Jones show is down the road a trip across to see this can also be arranged, ask anyone who went last time if they think it's worth it.

i look forward to sending on your ideas to Mike at PORC

These could be of interest, they are chip blowers used for loading and unloading chip for fuel applications. Alex Price has been selling these for a good few years now so should know how suitable they would be for this situation.

AC Price Engineering - Auer Woodchip Blowers

It is a fantastic place, I would love to go see how its come along :thumbup1:

These could be of interest, they are chip blowers used for loading and unloading chip for fuel applications. Alex Price has been selling these for a good few years now so should know how suitable they would be for this situation.

AC Price Engineering - Auer Woodchip Blowers

It is a fantastic place, I would love to go see how its come along :thumbup1:

Hi Mate

is Alex on here ? that bit of kit looks just the job, it doesn't matter for spillage as you know it's in a wood, i will give him a call, Are the current tug o war champions coming down for Jonesies show this year ? Now you have another reason as you were all there last time.

Thanks for the idea

Les

Hi Mate

is Alex on here ? that bit of kit looks just the job, it doesn't matter for spillage as you know it's in a wood, i will give him a call, Are the current tug o war champions coming down for Jonesies show this year ? Now you have another reason as you were all there last time.

Thanks for the idea

Les

Stan is on here, he is Alex's main sales guy.

I am hopping to get to Justin's show this year!!

Looking good, it's a huge project Mike took on and it's come on a lot since our visit. He is a true gentleman and passionate at what he does.

If anyone hasn't seen this project and is going to Jonesies show, I would definitely converse with Les and arrange to see it. There are some cracking big trees too