Hayter 48 Lawnmower problem Help

tony-d

This is a 56. but the freewheels are identical. The shaft is supported in ball bearings on the 56pro, but yours will be in bronze bushes so check the shaft for wear.

The sprocket would not come off this one either, short of setting up the hydraulic pullers. Time is money so out with the thin disc.

Luckilythis time the freewheels unscrewed, they don't always.

597664eb958b1_hayterroller002.jpg.1d63cad9c36e9fcd8a19b271512388e6.jpg

597664eb9817e_hayterroller003.jpg.978e4d7247fb2e35f486ee3c52e41280.jpg

597664eb9a4f3_hayterroller004.jpg.c04fee07f39a033bc092aebd73004475.jpg

597664eb9c9ba_hayterroller005.jpg.4307c99647c4b05b70f0eafc0e6c0bc8.jpg

597664eb9ee39_hayterroller006.jpg.495f8aff0f1c2e55287ce2c906509c90.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for the pics, i managed to pull mine off i am trying to source parts now i have decided to change all the main parts. I am still wondering on how to get the big nut off holding the sprockets in place........

is it just a case of chisel and hammer to free it off??

i am so sorry about all the stupid questions but i do want to try and get it sorted im keen to learn....

once again thank you

ps a friend was asking if anyone has a spare intek engine for a hayter 48 pro he has managed to bend the crank on his.

If anyone out there has one for sale could you please let me know and i will forward on the details.

i think the engine details on his are briggs and stratton 12q502-0133-b1

thank you in advance

I am still wondering on how to get the big nut off holding the sprockets in place........

is it just a case of chisel and hammer to free it off?

Just use a punch and tap it round, or an 18"stillson.

Or the proper two pin wrench, although where you get one I have no idea.

• 1 year later...

Hi folks, sorry to bring up an old post!

I have just taken apart my new second hand hayter harrier 56 pro (thanks to this excellent forum) to service the roller (I have never done anything like this before on mowers but restore cars so am quite practical).

I've installed new bearings on the end of the roller and new sprockets but upon reassembly I have noticed ALOT of sideways play where the rollers are sliding on the shaft...

Can anyone advise if I should/can shim up the gap or is there something else wrong with it?

I have filmed the problem below

Many thanks

[ame]

[/ame]

Only weld small tacks, if welding inside up you have to sit and work it out properly,the sprocket if it not collapsed has to be tacked so it does not rotate and then welded into one roller where it locks into the teeth of roller .

Then weld tack the two together .

Small tacks so has to grind off if you make a Balls of it .

Ste