I ain't reading all the posts!

eggsarascal

What I find a bit odd about this whole thing is, well, everything.

Stihl as a manufacturer exist solely to sell equipment.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with a functioning brain of any capacity that restricting the purchasing options their customers have will hit their volume.

They sell their goods (allegedly) to all their dealers at the same nett price, so why would they care how these dealers shift them?

They don't mind whether 1 million dealers sell 1 saw each or 1 dealer sells a million saws.

In restricting their most successful volume selling dealers they set themselves at an unfair disadvantage to other manufacturers who don't adopt this policy.

This isn't about protecting dealers, I'd be surprised of this has even come from Stihl all by themselves, it smells like Europe to me...... Such a half baked business decision doesn't feel like the brainchild of the worlds largest selling saw manufacturer. They didn't get there by making it difficult to buy their products.

:thumbup: Well said!! :thumbup:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have missed this comment on other threads but - I wonder what stihls efforts, comments and feed back they will have when pretty much everyone is going to be getting stuck in o them at the Arb show...

Glad I am not a stihl rep attending the AA show

I don't think they need to worry. I hear Stihl are now issuing their reps with new PPE:

http://images.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=joeqUdWlAYSsOri9gYgB&q=medieval+armour&oq=medieval+ar&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.2.0l5.7247.18993.1.20550.11.0.11.0.4.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.1.15.mobile-gws-hp.zax4zJ-QIGY&biw=320&bih=356&sei=uYeqUceyB4S2hAenuYGQDg

What I find a bit odd about this whole thing is, well, everything.

Stihl as a manufacturer exist solely to sell equipment.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with a functioning brain of any capacity that restricting the purchasing options their customers have will hit their volume.

They sell their goods (allegedly) to all their dealers at the same nett price, so why would they care how these dealers shift them?

They don't mind whether 1 million dealers sell 1 saw each or 1 dealer sells a million saws.

In restricting their most successful volume selling dealers they set themselves at an unfair disadvantage to other manufacturers who don't adopt this policy.

This isn't about protecting dealers, I'd be surprised of this has even come from Stihl all by themselves, it smells like Europe to me...... Such a half baked business decision doesn't feel like the brainchild of the worlds largest selling saw manufacturer. They didn't get there by making it difficult to buy their products.

If that was the case, wouldn't all the manufacturers have issued their new procedures by now, given that the compliance date seems to be 03/06/2013? Unless, of course, Stihl have decided to hog-tie their dealers before they have to? Either way, not a good business move on Stihl's part and one which is obviously peeing a lot of people off. :001_smile:

Edited by felixthelogchopper
Sausage fingers

If that was the case, wouldn't all the manufacturers have issued their new procedures by now, given that the compliance date seems to be 03/06/2013? Unless, of course, Stihl have decided to hog-tie their dealers before they have to? Either way, not a good business move on Stihl's part and one which is obviously peeing a lot of people off. :001_smile:

It does all seem very strange!

Who actually are the EU based manufacturers though?

Stihl, Dolly.... Efco I guess..... can't really think of any others of consequence.

But as the biggest it would make sense for Stihl to be ahead of any bonkers directive which will no doubt only be adhered to in the UK....

I sound like I'm Europe bashing here, I'm not, it just seems like such an obviously terrible commercial decision that it could only have come from the likes of them. Which granted, is a bit of Europe bashing, but indirectly! :001_tongue:

Edited by WorcsWuss