Rethink required, billet bundles are too heavy

difflock

Yes Steve I'd say you are right on those points if firewood is a stand alone venture ie main source of income. Depends how many distractions you get mixed up with, doesn't it!?

Yes kindling and generators were my down fall. While I was distracted the kit was stood idle. I think logs are all or nothing. Nothing being a splitter a saw and free arb waste which earns some beer money. Or 1000 tonnes full time earns 50k a year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Difflock, that link works ok when I click it, shows a red "slasher" cutting pole length stuff down into shortwood. Would be ideal for feeding 1.1m logs onto the horizontal splitter, remove some of the chainsawing. Might need it to do 1000 tonnes a year!

The link did not work for me are we talking swing arm saw ? I did see a video seems like alot of kit to do what a chainsaw does easily. Maybe loading the splitter with a mini digger and grab would be good especially as the digger could be smaller with 1100 lengths . Posch do a machine I think which takes billets and cuts them in to logs that looks like an efficient way to convert them.

Ah it could be that I'm using a phone in the woods, so it's the m. YouTube, should delete the m if you're not camped in the damp woods. Yes, am using 8t case excavator and grab for loading splitter, would be nice to stay in the cab and drop logs in saw and regrab the 1.1m bits and drop them neatly on the splitter. Chainsaw for now though.

Ah it could be that I'm using a phone in the woods, so it's the m. YouTube, should delete the m if you're not camped in the damp woods. Yes, am using 8t case excavator and grab for loading splitter, would be nice to stay in the cab and drop logs in saw and regrab the 1.1m bits and drop them neatly on the splitter. Chainsaw for now though.

If you have a big excavator already and lots of wood could be a no brainer purchase monday especially as it gets cold wet and muddy.

! Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Trouble is, haven't seen one this side of Atlantic. Would make a fun welding project, just need a bar saw off something hydraulic.

You could buy a used one add money for shipping and taxes if its knackered still probably less work to repair than start from scratch.