Lost a good friend today

Matthew Arnold

I think the problem was overtaking on a blind bend, it sounds like a lot of bikes on procession, how long was he on that blind bend with nowhere to pull back over? Very silly and dangerous manoeuvre from what I can see. Although only saying what I can see from one perspective. ..

He overtook us on a blind left hand then did the same on the blind right hand in the video. He was also overtaking on blind summits and two more blind bends causing oncoming cars to take to the verge.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen,

I get pissed at horse riders "demanding" the right to unreasonably obstruct normal traffic, for their selfish pleasure.

Ditto some cyclists.

Ditto some moterists in classic cars.

Ditto some needlessly obstructive farmers.

Ditto these "hordes" of Motorcyclists who appear to consider themselves above the Law.

Before purchasing an undoubtedly fast motorbike, do they EVER consider where they are going to ride it, do they live within reach of empty fast roads where it might be safe to ride "fast" or as described with a "wriggle" on or indeed a "shift" on.

Oh! do you perhaps actually mean to say SPEEDING.

But blame the car driver when a %age die as a result of getting a "wriggle" on.

Which "wriggle" term implies to me the bike "shimmying" as the power is ficerely put down, which implies barely under control.

Which belongs on a Racetrack.

As some say over here.

"Wind yer neck in"

Marcus

Gentlemen,

I get pissed at horse riders "demanding" the right to unreasonably obstruct normal traffic, for their selfish pleasure.

Ditto some cyclists.

Ditto these "hordes" of Motorcyclists who appear to consider themselves above the Law.

Before purchasing an undoubtedly fast motorbike, do they EVER consider where they are going to ride it, do they live within reach of empty fast roads where it might be safe to ride "fast" or as described with a "wriggle" on or indeed a "shift" on.

Which "wriggle" term implies to me the bike "shimmying" as the power is ficerely put down, which implies barely under control.

As some say over here.

"Wind yer neck in"

Marcus

You can be a right arse sometimes Difflock.:001_rolleyes::thumbdown: The inquest into his death has said the car was not indicating at the time of the crash and that Dan was not speeding.

What the video shows is only a snap shot of what the policeman was doing prior to stopping the riders. The fact that a few riders were riding quick but safely is neither here or there. Its more the fact the policeman nearly caused dozens of accidents just to try and catch up with a biker which wasn't even part of the ride out. Did you not see him in the video overtaking on a blind right hand bend entering a 30 mph limit on the wrong side of the road? If a normal motorist did that they would lose their license.

Gentlemen,

Ditto some cyclists.

As some say over here.

"Wind yer neck in"

Marcus

HI DIFF can i say one thing you no how wind people up by putting this mad post up you up set matt and others and you still talk like it what you should do is do the right thing and pull your last 2/3 post as it get up peoples noses mate thanks jon

Sorry to hear of your loss.

At what point did you become aware of the traffic car? I'm not offering an opinion as it is impossible to see from all angles.

Advanced driving is often seen as dangerous and irresponsible by others. He could have already positioned his vehicle for visibility before moving into an apparent dangerous position.

If it was an area car, that would be entirely different as they are muppets!

Sorry to hear of your loss.

At what point did you become aware of the traffic car? I'm not offering an opinion as it is impossible to see from all angles.

Advanced driving is often seen as dangerous and irresponsible by others. He could have already positioned his vehicle for visibility before moving into an apparent dangerous position.

If it was an area car, that would be entirely different as they are muppets!

We saw him cut up 2 cars and 3 bikes off a dual carrirageway (outside lane to slip road in one move). It was a car from Verwood (near Bournemouth) as one of the rider is the head of Poole and Bournemouth police force. Some of the riders said it was a shame they didnt film it from the start to the finish of his dangerous overtakes. He wouldn't have been able to see around that corner until he got to the house.

We are all entitled to our own opinion.

I cannot abide the gushing hero worship of some who die too young in unfortunate circumstances, like Princess Diana.

One would have got lynched for even thinking anything negative about her choosen lifestyle, and her not unconnected death.

Or the gun control hysteria after Dunblane.

etc

etc

Seriously.

Our decisions and actions will always have consequences.

Life can be harsh.

no-one myself included is perfect.

We had a schoolfriend of our children, who was a spoiled article, killed herself texting while driving fast, very shortly after passing her test.

She hit a tree.

Shock horror!

She could have killed an entire family in an oncoming car.

Or killed pedestrians.

Whatever.

PS

You may choose to believe it or not, but I treat motorcyclists and pedal cyclists with respect, because I used to cycle.

I also, as I previously posted, regard every other road user as a potential idiot who will kill me, I therefore never "assume" they should be indicating if they are for turning.

I should say from my observations that those who indicate are almost in a minority, hence my reasoning.

I often find the "body language" of the car tell me more than the signalling.

Was the junction signposted?

I am not saying I have never speeded, or otherwise broken motoring law, and indeed have had minor "prangs" generally due to more youthful over-confidence and exurbance.

And yes I generally overthink/overanalyze things, but this may be why I have lived to 54 without ever being in an injury accident.

Despite drinking to excess when younger and taking "risks"

Regards,

Marcus

Edited by difflock

We are all entitled to our own opinion.

I cannot abide the gushing hero worship of some who die too young in unfortunate circumstances, like Princess Diana.

One would have got lynched for even thinking anything negative about her choosen lifestyle, and her not unconnected death.

Or the gun control hysteria after Dunblane.

etc

etc

Seriously.

Our decisions and actions will always have consequences.

Life can be harsh.

no-one myself included is perfect.

We had a schoolfriend of our children, who was a spoiled article, killed herself texting while driving fast, very shortly after passing her test.

She hit a tree.

Shock horror!

She could have killed an entire family in an oncoming car.

Or killed pedestrians.

Whatever.

PS

You may choose to believe it or not, but I treat motorcyclists and pedal cyclists with respect, because I used to cycle.

I also, as I previously posted, regard every other road user as a potential idiot who will kill me, I therefore never "assume" they should be indicating if they are for turning.

I should say from my observations that those who indicate are almost in a minority, hence my reasoning.

I am not saying I have never speeded, or otherwise broken motoring law, and indeed have had minor "prangs" generally due to more youthful over-confidence and exurbance.

Regards,

Marcus

HI MARCUS it the way you put it mate you no you get peoples back up mate and still talk like it a good job you were not at the arb show i would of told you what think of your post on this thanks jon

Gents. This is an emotive thread, in support of one of our members friends. I don't want to have to moderate it, or close it. If you don't agree with the circumstances, causes, or anything else, could you refrain from posting on this thread. I think Matthew would like to show his friend his respect here, rather than argue the causes.

I trust you can all give Matthew that respect. Thank you.