Stihl ms 150t poor build quality ?

Watson

Don't rule out the echo cs260tes. The chain brake handle is a little plastic but the rest of the saw is solid, ive been using one for 18 months and it's a blinding little saw

Another vote for the echo cs260tes,with a 10" bar.thinking about getting one for the other had to use like a pair of six guns :lol::lol:

seriously,its a super little saw|

slim

Hears what i have done to our three 150t's. Used a bit of old endless sling and metal ring atached. Via stihl self tapper and washer. To back handle mount can then use the origonal for close atachment on harness

[ATTACH]152817[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]152818[/ATTACH]

That self tapper.....is that screwed straight through the ceiling of the fuel tank:confused1:

That self tapper.....is that screwed straight through the ceiling of the fuel tank:confused1:

Na the tank it at the front. Its just the caseing there is alredy a hole there. I asume. Its for. The Handle mount for the rear handle vertion just. Got a stihl plastic screw and washer nice and easy been in use for months no isues :001_smile:

Na the tank it at the front. Its just the caseing there is alredy a hole there. I asume. Its for. The Handle mount for the rear handle vertion just. Got a stihl plastic screw and washer nice and easy been in use for months no isues :001_smile:

Yes of course it is, I'm back in MS200 mode again:001_rolleyes::lol:

If you take the original clip off and take the rear AV mount off, you can fit a nail in to the through hole and it will be held in place by the AV mount - this then allows you to use strapping or do what I did with it - nice and easy...also:thumbup:

Yes of course it is, I'm back in MS200 mode again:001_rolleyes::lol:

If you take the original clip off and take the rear AV mount off, you can fit a nail in to the through hole and it will be held in place by the AV mount - this then allows you to use strapping or do what I did with it - nice and easy...also:thumbup:

Yeah i thought you may have been thinking of another saw from your thred iv lernt you know your stuff you think there will be much scope for porting on the 150 ? All ours run almoast as rich as h screw will go

As for the build quality it is made to be light and From wat i was told on stihl stand at the apf it was first intended as. A carving saw i think the top handle was a quick reaction from feed back.

Yeah i thought you may have been thinking of another saw from your thred iv lernt you know your stuff you think there will be much scope for porting on the 150 ? All ours run almoast as rich as h screw will go

As for the build quality it is made to be light and From wat i was told on stihl stand at the apf it was first intended as. A carving saw i think the top handle was a quick reaction from feed back.

The simplest improvement is to drill the exhaust. A this gives a good increase on power. The coil is limited which makes you think it is running really rich!