New Etesia 46 RMHB

Digbee

Sorry just to confirm bought the proven Pro 46 Honda engine no brake model, as salesman said it worked in the wet ! And is not as heavy as the hernia giving heavy weight the new one is if you have to pick it up, or move it up stone steps.

OK so had this mower a few weeks now, already on 2nd blade. And yes it does clog up in wet grass, as much as a Honda roller. Main problem is the wet grass clangs to the under deck, and the box clogs up with wet cuttings - great if can hose it down no good if you can't. But the clogging up between the blade and the under deck is most annoying as your post led me to believe this does not happen. Bearing in mind I have done all my customers over past few weeks solely with this mower. From posh £2m properties down council house owners. Only snag is they all prefer the quality of cut compared to my other mowers, so a, kinda stuck with a mower I am not happy with.

Peter.

Mine doesn't clogg up, how are you on your second blade? Mine is an older one with a 2 stroke Suzuki engine

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 9 months later...

Been 10 months nearly with this mower. It begining to become unreliable.

I emailed Etesia after the latest part broke due to metal fatigue.

Other problems have been carb replacement, cable breaking or needing oiling. Blades wear rate, deck has become badly pitted, wet grass clogs to underneath and gets bnged up in exit shuts,

Got a call yesterday from Ian at Etesia. To say they want to wash there hands of any responsibility is an understatement. Its a shame as its a nice work horse just not keen to have to replace it every year.

Ethanol in fuel is reason they say Honda engine is being troublesome !! Told to use an additive.

Clogging apparently is due to shear washer having sheared. Will be checking on Monday when stripping mower down to repair again.

I am having to do my own servicing and repairs as need thia mower for busy workload. As Etesia service centres do not have time unless prepared to leave mower with them for 2 weeks minimum !!

Latest fatigue failure is due to my pro 46 PHTS (bought as biocut was too heavy to lift in 46cm size). Ian did not know which part I was referring to. Its the bracket that holds the spring by the handle.

OK it might just be a sheared screw but I never had problems with previous professional machines.

Now that the drive is not working I am considering a push mower as much faster to work with and would be lighter so could maybe go with a better machine.

Mate just said reference addivite in fuel seems a cop out to or they are using older engines in their builds.

Peter.

Forgot to mention my two previous mowers Honda roller. Not good in the wet and a Stiga scan recycler both had sane engine as the Etesia and I never had a problem with their engines.

I might contact Honda uk to find out if there is any valid reason a 2013 lawn mower should have these problems as Etesia say.

I do like those 7 series :thumbup:

cough cough

Just ordered a Viking Mb755KS:thumbup:.

After borrowing and trying a well knackered privately owned one.

Which stuffed the damp heavy grass right into the back of the Box.

Also well hammered together, without being murder heavy .

Fingers crossed.

m