Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

I was recently advised to stick with my 578 Bruunett and not be tempted by the more troublesome 678.

Have to say that makes sense. Running costs of my Bruunett have been astronomically low...

I'll do a cost per tonne...

£1.83/tonne not including labour/driver or low loader transport. Just fuel and maintenance / repairs inc Vat.

Said repairs fairly major cost wise shouldn't be repeated for many years inc cab glass, bogie repair, hose swivels.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Thanks for posting that schematic Mark, a little over 8.5m in length.

Does anyone do any highway driving with these, or is it a no no?

12,000 hrs sounds good, lots of life left there.

TCD, did you include a cost of ownership in that, or do you reckon it's stopped depreciating and has gone up in value? Interest rates are so low it's hard to assess this cost in the old way.

TCD, did you include a cost of ownership in that, or do you reckon it's stopped depreciating and has gone up in value? Interest rates are so low it's hard to assess this cost in the old way.

Purchase price and (depreciation if any) not included.

Not depreciating tho; couldn't go lower than what I paid for it! Been offered considerably more than that since.

• 3 weeks later...

Few pictures from this week picking up for another contractor. I dont usuallg drive the brunnett so it has been nice to have a few days out in it . Despite having to do a few repairs over the weekend. Cracked the grapple, easy repair, just a paint taking it off and dragging it back to the yard. Slightly more annoyingly I had a leak appear from this block undernerneath, it had been badly repaired with a mig/arc welder before. I cut the tube off the block, cleaned all the old weld off on the lathe and had a friend tig it back together. Hopefully should last a while now!!

20170516_152402.jpg.a6373ad0a9283d5459ff3dfc60b371aa.jpg

20170516_152350.jpg.b39e247de62b49bad6d7b05383337cd1.jpg

20170510_145200.jpg.d1513d3613916140e96231dd45f15e7b.jpg

20170511_085806.jpg.1a133007ae037d011d8639b16d7d9e57.jpg

IMG-20170513-WA0000.jpg.f9ba8a1294cef91e5b8b98825a908eab.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening

I've got the chance of an old norcar so went had a look tonight

Been lying a long time in a wood. It has an fmv 350 crane that I would mount

To the roof of my county and make a trailer out the back end.

The tyres are near bald and some through to the canvas in places,suspect electrical fault,pre cleaner is missing from air filter housing so possibly engine sitting full of water also plenty other faults here and there.

What would you say a fair price?

Thanks sid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...