It's got to be 4x4

Dean Lofthouse

This was from todays job, the picture doesn't really do it justice, the Landrover was reversed up onto the chip pile to tip at the back.

landy.jpg.07161b4fb4167b03822df79c62572fba.jpg

It was steeper than it looks and the rear axle was buried in chip.

I find I need 4x4 quite a lot and looking back at some jobs, they would have been a right pain in the butt to do without, todays job was tipping on site, if I'd have had a transit I'd have had to quote for paying to tip or travel 32 mile home with it.

There must be jobs where you chaps without 4x4 wish you had it :confused1:

I've had to tow transits of people I know off my chip pile and thats flat !

How do you Transit or two wheel drive owners find not having one or do you just not price for them and leave it to someone else. ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was from todays job, the picture doesn't really do it justice, the Landrover was reversed up onto the chip pile to tip at the back.

[ATTACH]11563[/ATTACH]

It was steeper than it looks and the rear axle was buried in chip.

I find I need 4x4 quite a lot and looking back at some jobs, they would have been a right pain in the butt to do without, todays job was tipping on site, if I'd have had a transit I'd have had to quote for paying to tip or travel 32 mile home with it.

How do you Transit or two wheel drive owners find not having one or do you just not price for them and leave it to someone else. ?

hi dean, dont want to deveate from your thread, if you love the landy so much wouldnt you be tempted to go for a good mog. i went down that route because i could never get rid of chip unless it was in a muddy corner of a field or horse arena. but i felt the landy tippers didnt hold much in the back.(not trying to sell my mog just curious):001_smile:

The landy just ticks more boxes than the mog stevie, I do 95% domestic work and with narrow long drives the mog just wouldn't do it.

Each job I do I think to myself, would I have been able to do this with a mog or a transit and most of the time it's no. Even just getting past the house in the drive so the back end is that bit nearer.

If I did commercail work more I'd be out buying skyhucks rig, perfect for what he does but no good for what I do.

I'd love a mog, I've always wanted one and tried to think of ways round it. But analyzing each job just says no :sad:

The landy just ticks more boxes than the mog stevie, I do 95% domestic work and with narrow long drives the mog just wouldn't do it.

Each job I do I think to myself, would I have been able to do this with a mog or a transit and most of the time it's no. Even just getting past the house in the drive so the back end is that bit nearer.

If I did commercail work more I'd be out buying skyhucks rig, perfect for what he does but no good for what I do.

I'd love a mog, I've always wanted one and tried to think of ways round it. But analyzing each job just says no :sad:

you'd be surprised where you can get a mog into, but i see your point mate

T

Must admit transits are pants off road they do a good job of getting stuck on flat grass!

Since approx 90% of jobs we do are domestic using a transit is the best for us.

The only jobs I've priced that could sort of do with a 4x4 have been specs where the chip was to stay on site anyway so a tracked chipper was hired in.

I know enough lads with 4x4's so if we ever did need one it wouldnt be a problem.