DSLR Cameras

Taupotreeman

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who's a camera dealer, he advised to stay away from nikon, and go with cannon, of course he did me a very very good deal on a cannon

but he just told me, to look on e bay and compare prices of camera bodies to see the difference

plus more lenses available in cannon

I've just bought an Olympus OMD E5, it's a mirror less micro four thirds, so lighter in weight which is great for travel. Crop of 2 but great performance, lots of lenses available too.

I have been toying with buying one of these, are they as good as the reviews say?

Sent from outer space

I am in the market for a new DSLR and am stuck between Nikon and Canon. I currently have the EOS1000D but want something with more clout. So who uses what and who recommends what?:001_smile:

Canon EOS 650D is incredible. Big 3" touch-sensitive LCD display, and a great zoom-lens (18-135mm IS STM) in the standard package. Very good value for money. See review: Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i): Digital Photography Review

The recently introduced EOS 700D (similar specs to the 650) seems great, too: Canon EOS 700D/Rebel T5i Hands-on Preview

Edited by morten

I've been looking at the 7D and the full frame 6D. I also looked at Nikon but I know the Canon too well now so would prefer not to change. Problem is, the Nikons get some really good reviews, hence the thread. I think the mirrorless ones need to advance a little further before I look at them as from what I've seen, although they are good they aren't quite as good as the pro DSLR's. And yes, I am also in the market for new lenses.

We have had a 550d for a couple of years, coupled with a 50mm f/1.4 lens it is untouchable for the money.

I would go for one of those, in fact i'd like to get another one so me and the girlfriend don't have to share!

I have a Nikon d300s, I can't fault it,it knows a hell of a lot more about taking photos than I ever will. The best thing with dslr cameras is the ability to change lenses, but they can cost as much as the body if not more. All I can say is you get what you pay for.the lense I use most which is a Nikon 18-200mm vr is good for most stuff but if you want a bit of range you will need 400mm upwards

Edited by dexta