Harness: Decisions, Decisions.

craigblues

Apologies for spelling lads. My PC's 'Spellcheck' got turned off somehow and I cannot figure how to turn it back on.

Usually takes me more than ten minutes to find all my spelling mistakes. Im not actually trying to sound like a raving moron.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ARB show is coming up soon, that's only down at Cirencester so just a hop down the m5 for us. I'm going to try to get down this year if I can. If you can wait till then you should get to see everything, and probably get a deal on stuff....

I couldn't wait... Hopefully some gear arriving today. Fingers crossed.

Cirencester sounds good, I don't mind offering to drive if a few chaps want to come along.

DUDE! It's GOT to be a spreadsheet :001_tongue:

I did a spreadsheet too! ha! Geeks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuLggeY2zMmHdDdrdlFQWGwyeFRYcWdPQ0h6YjV0Qnc&usp=sharing

This is a list that I made with the help of Simon as well, hope it helps and the only reason why I'm buying the harness is because its cheap!

One mistake in that list, Petzl Vertex Black? Be wise buy a bright coloured helmet it gives the senior climbers something to aim at, black just blends in during the winter months and make it much harder for us to throw thing at your head.

Yes I am racist and in the anti-black helmet clan.

One mistake in that list, Petzl Vertex Black? Be wise buy a bright coloured helmet it gives the senior climbers something to aim at, black just blends in during the winter months and make it much harder for us to throw thing at your head.

Yes I am racist and in the anti-black helmet clan.

Yea I though of that after, I think I'm going to go with red instead.

Annoying! Order came, paid a little extra for Saturday delivery so I could use it tomorrow and Monday. Guess what! I missed the two friction ropes off the list I wanted! Extremely annoyed now.

You can come and grab some cord off me if you need mate.

I have a sequoia and one thing that really gets on my nerves is the side ds they are more to the front than the side and can be fiddly to find at times.other than that its a tidy harness once you have made adjustments. Im also running the smallest bridge. Im intrigued by the new tree motion.

WOuld be one of my complaints to,when you are on certain angles it's hard to clip into the side d's,maybe because they sit flatter to the harness.

I have a sequoia and one thing that really gets on my nerves is the side ds they are more to the front than the side and can be fiddly to find at times.other than that its a tidy harness once you have made adjustments. Im also running the smallest bridge. Im intrigued by the new tree motion.

There is a new tree motion? Oh wait they've changed the rear chainsaw attachment point from a red ring to a green ring as its now rated for life support awesome now I can hang from the tree by my ass which may be an improvement in style for me.

Still a great harness and seeing as my tree motion after 5 years abuse is now due for retirement with nothing else out there to really grab my attention another TM it will be.

The helmet colour choice is the most important choice. I have to own up and say I considered Red to begin with but then changed to Black. ha!

Colour choice is essential but I'm yet to find pink helmet.