World's 8th Largest Tree

mdvaden

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ...

And then there is Arcata ... LOL ... one of the locals

Damn Mario. I only saw lots of homeless, nothing like that young lady. Enjoyed my stay though and glad you encouraged me to take the time to look around properly rather than rushing. Also interested in the camera and lenses you're using.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

All impressive shots. What lenses are you using?

For the big trees and model with dresses, I shot both tripod and handheld, and opted for a Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 ...

As dark as it is, I really don't use filters, so went with the Tokina which as good optically as Canon's 16-35mm L but at half the price.

hello this is a great thread some wonderful photos i looked at the website for the redwoods and i found this photo which brought the size of them into perspective:thumbup::thumbup:

The past year I've transitioned to motel ...

But that cargo trailer of mine in the photo provided several years worth of help for my adventures.

134550d1379020228-worlds-8th-largest-tree-redwood_56-m.jpg

Damn Mario. I only saw lots of homeless, nothing like that young lady. Enjoyed my stay though and glad you encouraged me to take the time to look around properly rather than rushing. Also interested in the camera and lenses you're using.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Later tonight or tomorrow, let me follow-up about the cameras and lenses. I've got an appointment to shoot with a man, Alejandro, in Portland, shortly.

That woman is from Arcata, and I did a few photos for her and her friend around Arcata and Eureka during my last visit, late evening when I returned from a day exploring near Avenue of the Giants.

Did you get to see the Carson Mansion in Eureka? It overlooks the structure where this photo of the same woman was taken ..... LOL ... I did spot this "homeless" duo traveling, but up at Jedediah Smith redwoods that last trip. I let them (and their dog) hitch a ride up near Roseburg, Oregon, on my way back to Portland. Surprised me ... the guy with the guitar, is a photography enthusiast, and actually had a decent quality Canon EOS camera on him.

:biggrin:

Lotus_1_600.jpg.4bf9ec6099708f36ec09b4b536d134f3.jpg

Eli_Sarah_1_600.jpg.5130c4de4bcd4d6f9cc8ac99d86e7c6d.jpg

Edited by mdvaden