Fantastic.

Quercus-90

So last job today, and this happens!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367270053.228817.jpg.d90c28f479a436ce16d504b27cd6c39a.jpg

Great! Just as work picks up, crack! More expense!

Anyone have any experience of price increase on Public Liability after making a claim.... Worth it? Or just put my hand in my (mostly empty) pocket!

...... Bah humbug.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OUCH feel for ya there bro

My old boss claimed when one of his skidders walloped a elec pole group and his payments went up alot (that was stateside tho) just a thought do you not have a union or the like here that a rep from there could maybe advise on your situation and may know if the comp your with ups payments etc

really hope ya don't get screwed by this tho

Fix it yourself.. Ask em who supplied the panels and ring em. Insurance costs enough as it is that to me seems to small for a claim. If your skint your be better off taking out a credit card with 16 months interest free on it and as soon as glass is purchased cut it up.

OUCH feel for ya there bro

My old boss claimed when one of his skidders walloped a elec pole group and his payments went up alot (that was stateside tho) just a thought do you not have a union or the like here that a rep from there could maybe advise on your situation and may know if the comp your with ups payments etc

really hope ya don't get screwed by this tho

Haha hoping this wont cost quite that much :P! ..... Have a friend who pulled a mains power cable up with a 360 :confused:......!

No not that I know of, at the moment I'm thinking speak to my broker. And see how much the quote to replace it is then make a decision.... I would hazard a guess at £500-800 :thumbdown: but it is just a guess

Fix it yourself.. Ask em who supplied the panels and ring em. Insurance costs enough as it is that to me seems to small for a claim. If your skint your be better off taking out a credit card with 16 months interest free on it and as soon as glass is purchased cut it up.

I may offer to fit the new panel.

Certainly would say skint.... But things have only just picked up in last few weeks, just irritating!

Never get a devil card!!! They will steel your soul :biggrin:

Deffo fit it yourself, just don't go mad on tightening the bolts! How did it happen?! Never had a devil card but I would do what I said if I was in your position and skint insurance company's already pull your pants down don't let them remove them completely!!

Haha hoping this wont cost quite that much :P! ..... Have a friend who pulled a mains power cable up with a 360 :confused:......!

No not that I know of, at the moment I'm thinking speak to my broker. And see how much the quote to replace it is then make a decision.... I would hazard a guess at £500-800 :thumbdown: but it is just a guess

Your guess is absolutely miles out mate.

I install glass for a major company and most places will do that size for around £60-90. Toughened/ laminated with bevelled edges. Pre drilled provided you detail where you want holes. Average turnaround is two weeks.

We paid £60 for these panels. Roughly a meter long and all predrilled. Just pay for it rather than claim.

:thumbup1:

554623_10152742852490099_979260359_n.jpg.f3eaa3c6649759ac63c0aaba6a73026c.jpg

601959_10152742853425099_1853948397_n.jpg.a285f703cb19dcd13a1cee7e982e9b20.jpg

My missus who deals with all our insurances (and believe me you guys over here lucky in that respect ya wouldn't believe the crap we gotta go thru lol cause if we don't we get sued or ass goes straight to jail ....we pay it as I'm a coward and really don't wanna be Jackies (jack) play toy in the farm :blushing:) said just about the same as you did

best of luck