need a new groundsaw again, 560xp letting me down :-/

jnoon

Personally i would go for a husky 372xp and if possible go for the XPG , i versatile saw that drinks less fuel then the stihl alternative (ms460) The husky is light enough to use al day logging,felling,snedding and has bag loads of power and full of torq , and if you really are worried about the weight then my advice would be to run two sizes of guide bar ie 18" and 24".

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What ever you do DON'T get one of those Chinese lookalike saws . The plastics are all pattern and quite accurate as is the muffler. Underneath the engine is your usual " Chinker " Thread running now about them .....

I wouldn't mate it would be from jones or honeys mate

Personally i would go for a husky 372xp and if possible go for the XPG , i versatile saw that drinks less fuel then the stihl alternative (ms460) The husky is light enough to use al day logging,felling,snedding and has bag loads of power and full of torq , and if you really are worried about the weight then my advice would be to run two sizes of guide bar ie 18" and 24".

Cheers mate

'A 346, 372 and 660 would be a good range,

With the xpg my 346 is xpg ,

Am I right by saying I have herd of a few problems with the heated grips on the 372?

Also the 372xp is simple ie (no auto tune etc) unlike the 576xp

Thanks

Josh

• 7 months later...
Got the 372 in the end wise choice I think

yep i have always liked the 372xp but one of the sales guys i spoke to in Radmore & Tucker recently said they are not a patch on the older version and the newer X torq engine would manage a 20" bar at best:confused1: Find it hard to believe meself.

yep i have always liked the 372xp but one of the sales guys i spoke to in Radmore & Tucker recently said they are not a patch on the older version and the newer X torq engine would manage a 20" bar at best:confused1: Find it hard to believe meself.

HI WICK I've pm mate there pulling your LEG ask chaps on here what they run thanks jon :thumbup:

:cussing::banghead: you have got to be kidding me... Really 560? mines just arrived in the post earlier this morning... i went with what seemed to be all the hype.... :cussing: like you dont know!!

I've done the exact same thing! I picked mine up last Saturday based on the reviews i had seen. My boss runs a 560xp as his ground saw, Had some minor hiccups but seemed very good all in all. Used it yesterday on a job for the first time, seemed to run fast without faults. Lets hope it stays that way!!