need a new groundsaw again, 560xp letting me down :-/

jnoon

as was described in manual

I don't bother with the manual, I just rev mine till it stops dying, it revs, drop, revs again and drops and so on, I just give it full throttle till it stops, then I find mine is fine

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi mate,

It varies, mainly when up to temp, after its idled for anymore than 1min it just stalls, hence the 268 starts in 19 hours:lol:,

No under load it was ok,

Does yours still have the spark arrestor fitted or have you taken it out already?

One thing I've noticed is that the autotune saws don't like to be left idling as they do tend to splutter a bit when you pick them up again. Taking the spark arrestor out helped loads on my 550. Usually mine's not idling for long at a time but last week we were chipping a load of tangly brash and was sat idling for a while at a time between cuts and never conked once.

Apparently it's the autotune trying to sort itself to the idle and when you pick it up to go again the mixture's all wrong.

Does yours still have the spark arrestor fitted or have you taken it out already?

One thing I've noticed is that the autotune saws don't like to be left idling as they do tend to splutter a bit when you pick them up again. Taking the spark arrestor out helped loads on my 550. Usually mine's not idling for long at a time but last week we were chipping a load of tangly brash and was sat idling for a while at a time between cuts and never conked once.

Apparently it's the autotune trying to sort itself to the idle and when you pick it up to go again the mixture's all wrong.

yes it has been removed,

Same scenario today but only it kept stalling,

These saws are a joke, I really think husky know they messed up with it too, that's why they ain't releasing the new top handle till they have it spot on, that's what my husky dealer told me anyway. I can't see how people can be happy with a saw that you can't leave ticking over?? My 346 or 372 will tick over all day so why should we put up with this crap with the 550/60 its an absolute joke. Thank god it's gone.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

These saws are a joke, I really think husky know they messed up with it too, that's why they ain't releasing the new top handle till they have it spot on, that's what my husky dealer told me anyway. I can't see how people can be happy with a saw that you can't leave ticking over?? My 346 or 372 will tick over all day so why should we put up with this crap with the 550/60 its an absolute joke. Thank god it's gone.

HI HODGE im thinking of one but with husky there so rude and a large dealer told me there a night mere to work on to the forestry game on you any way with saw going T.TS UP ALL THE TIME IT A JOKE JON

totally agree my 201t 0r 660 wud tick over all day,

As for 560, yh its crap,

Funny part is the dealer thinks its stihls fault as the carb/electronic modules are made by a company stihl own,

Passing the buck I would say, anyhow, I shall be getting a 362 tomorrow, 261 was pants and I can't find a 346 /357 so back to trusty old stihl for me sorry husky,

Guess its the hare vs the tortoise,

Tortoises. - stihl, slow but reliable,

Hare - husky fast but not for long:thumbdown:

It still seems though that for every bad one there are many many good ones, pretty much just you and Josh that are having big problems with them from what I can see.

I really like my 550, it's over 15 months old and never been into the dealer's yet. I've got the modified breather kit to fit but never bothered as never needed it. Even taking the performance out of the equation, it handles so much better than a 346 ever did.

When the 560's came out I really didn't want to like the autotune saws but my experiences of both the 550 and 560 have been great.