need a new groundsaw again, 560xp letting me down :-/

jnoon

Hi stubby will your ported 560 keep or faster then a stander 372 thanks Jon

Interesting thought Jon . Don't know is the answer . Different length bars , 372 is on 3/8th chain 560 is on .325 so too many variables to be accurate . I suspect if they were on like for like running gear it would be the 372 based on the theory of " a good bigun will always beat a good littlun " ! :biggrin:

Ah . Just noticed you said STANDARD 372 . sorry mate thought you meant my spud one . It would be alot closer if it was a standard 372

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting thought Jon . Don't know is the answer . Different length bars , 372 is on 3/8th chain 560 is on .325 so too many variables to be accurate . I suspect if they were on like for like running gear it would be the 372 based on the theory of " a good bigun will always beat a good littlun " ! :biggrin:

Ah . Just noticed you said STANDARD 372 . sorry mate thought you meant my spud one . It would be alot closer if it was a standard 372

HI STUBBY sorry a new 372 out the box then you run your ported 560 that will be good to see mate thanks jon :thumbup:

We never ran a standard 560 and standard 372 back to back, but did use them both on the same site doing the same stuff and I think the 372 (old type) still just had the edge when buried into the back cut, but probably only just.

It would be interesting to see how Stubby's 560 would compare though :thumbup1:

Just waiting on going and picking up my recently spudded 372 :thumbup1:

We never ran a standard 560 and standard 372 back to back, but did use them both on the same site doing the same stuff and I think the 372 (old type) still just had the edge when buried into the back cut, but probably only just.

It would be interesting to see how Stubby's 560 would compare though :thumbup1:

Just waiting on going and picking up my recently spudded 372 :thumbup1:

HI CHRIS let see the saw working mate in a youtube post thanks jon :thumbup:

365 or a old 61 if your just buckin, or even the best saw husky ever made the 372xp heavier but will handle nearly everything on the ground

i have the 576xp and its a good saw but have now used a 372 more than once and its a far better saw much lighter as much if not more grunt cracking saw. thinking of flogging the 576 and getting a 372.

i have the 576xp and its a good saw but have now used a 372 more than once and its a far better saw much lighter as much if not more grunt cracking saw. thinking of flogging the 576 and getting a 372.

I did exactly that . Sold 372 to get 576 sold that and got 372 again . Silly really .....:biggrin:

yep i have always liked the 372xp but one of the sales guys i spoke to in Radmore & Tucker recently said they are not a patch on the older version and the newer X torq engine would manage a 20" bar at best:confused1: Find it hard to believe meself.

They said the same to me, not sure about that, mines been on 18 & 24" since new no probe pulls 24" just fine

I thought the 576 felt quite a bit heavier in the showroom for not much power gain. So no point really