Spiderjack 2.1 /zigzag

dexta

Really have enjoyed using the zigzag ,so much better than hc IMO which I was using before. But what now that they are calling them back. I no they are saying that there will be a updated version in 2014 but really don't want to go back so the question is who has used both mechanical devices and how does the spiderjack compare as I was thinking I might get one instead.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a spiderjack for the first time the other day.

Didn't get a chance to try a zig zag.

I found the SJ to be quite lively, not very intuitive and potentially lethal!

It's not at all like a friction hitch.

Arran got on it and bonded with it very quickly though.

My first ascent to 6' ended with a rapid descent and landing on my arse :blushing:

It would take me a bit of getting used to....!

I just want a Uni! :001_tongue:

I have a spider jack and I get on very well with it. Think you either love em or hate em. There is the free fall option which can be interesting. Keen to have a crack on the uni too just to see what it's like. I'd see if you can try before you buy with the SJ as its not for everyone.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Had both sj self tends abit better but creeps when the cam gets worn. It's a great device but has some annoying features like when your line is deflected but it is a ideal replacement for a zz. I sold mine before I got the zz I'm gutted lol.

Had both sj self tends abit better but creeps when the cam gets worn. It's a great device but has some annoying features like when your line is deflected but it is a ideal replacement for a zz. I sold mine before I got the zz I'm gutted lol.

I had a little go on your spiderjack when you had a reccy climb a while back, it felt very responsive but very touchy .like people are saying takes some getting used to. I think the way forward is to have a reccy climb soon with a chance to try all the different devices so people looking for something new can have a real play before you pay. It would be nice if a retailer who sells the different devices could organise something so we can have a try. It's a great shame about the zz it felt so safe climbing on

It's a matter of getting used to the thumb brake and the control. It is easy to free fall but it should lock off if you let go if it. Easier said than done. It can also be jumpy when your not used to it but I really like mine. There must be someone on AT that can let you have a fly on one.

My first ascent to 6' ended with a rapid descent and landing on my arse :blushing:

It would take me a bit of getting used to....!

I just want a Uni! :001_tongue:

If you had trouble with a sj DdRT, the uni will mean you need to carry spare underwear.:biggrin: Both can be got used to, but the uni is far less intuitive than the sj IMO.

Having said that, I love mine and wouldn't replace it with anything else:thumbup:

Same here........really gutted actually.had a nice spready plane to clean out yesterday and borrowed the sj I sold.im now in the process of buying a new one,plus a swivel to try and sort the deflection issue.had a go on a uni and as dan said.youll spend a lot more on underwear.....leathal things.wasnt for me but have seen good climbers on them.i probably could have got used to it if I had it for long enough but it didn't light my fire too want too give it a chance.

Jake:thumbup1: