Used Timberwolf tw150 fan.

Drayton tree care

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bit short of cash just trying to scrimp a bit just had to spend 2 grand repairing my van!! I only had the fan done last year but the bugger has bust two fins off already. Toy town metal but hey ho don't wanna ruin everything else on it aswell by running it like it for too long

Got a lot of breakdowns myself atm. So I know what you mean.

Maybe 8 (Off the top of my head)

You've done well there then :001_cool: the fans have snapped on mine and thats after only being on the machine for 200 hours.

They seem to be made of a real grainy monkey metal probably melted down matchbox toys or the like.

Can they be replaced without removing the fly wheels ?

You've done well there then :001_cool: the fans have snapped on mine and thats after only being on the machine for 200 hours.

They seem to be made of a real grainy monkey metal probably melted down matchbox toys or the like.

Can they be replaced without removing the fly wheels ?

Mines 2003, don't know if the metal's changed. All I will say is that I change the blades very regularly, and never hire it out. (not suggesting you're slapdash for a moment!)

I cannot see how they can be changed without removing the flywheel/changing the bearings, but it's not really that big a deal.:001_smile:

TBH I'm a little peeved 'cos we changed the bearings 30hrs ago but there you go......

Edited by Le Sanglier

Depends on the age of your machine, the early ones had straight fins, if these are changed for the later curved ones there is improved draft.

Mines a 2000 tw 150dbh right on change over time. It has curved fins. Wondered if they wore thin and didnt chuck so far?