Cutting up a large beach today

mendiplogs

HI ALL i was cutting up a large beach butt and chap come along a said the 2 large butts you have on the road side i will take them off your hands and he goes on and said i burn wood o yes i said and he said he gets his logs off a chap in the next village owell he no.s what to do then he taking the p.ss :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:jon

You get em John, I get it all the time, I just smile and say no. They think you should be cutting it up and giving it away. Idiots.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

had same my self last week john!! TWICE!

cutting up a couple of big wind blown beech, there was a good 8-10 ton stacked up & an old guy said for me not to worry he would go home & get his big trailer to take it all away for me, free of charge!!!

normally i tell the scroungers to go away in a very un-polite manner but this old guy seemed alright so

i politely explained that the wood was not avaliable for free but if he wanted to go get his trailer we could come to an agreeable price where he got a trailer load or 2 of cheap wood to take home for his fire next winter!

he told me i was a "robbing *$#$$* and a bloody *$£**" and i should be bloody hung for daylight robbery i did not even mention how much i wanted for the wood?

then half hour later a woman about in her forties came over & asked if she could have some wood, she said her husband had a lorry with a crane on it so he could collect it no problem!

i said that she could have some wood & that i would be wanting £35 per ton she seemed ok with this price & then said so how much would the whole pile be i said 300 quid so also called me a *$#$$* & that i was a *$£**" and stormed off shouting more abuse at me!

i think i will go back to telling them where to go in future! its quicker & a lot less hassle! & i only get called half as many names!