Bosky Christmas Special

nod

Hello One & All

I spoke to Steve Bullman a few days ago to ask if we could get some info out to members of Arbtalk regarding a little venture from Bosky Apparell, he gave the thumbs up so here goes.

Many of you may, or may not, have met Pete Davies (the founder of Bosky Tree Climbers Apparell) a climber of many years. Anyhow, we'd discussed for many moons the possibility of whether or not climbers would be keen to buy t-shirts with original designs relating to trees or treework. I think it was the AA trade show 2006 when the first shirts arrived off the printers screens. To date there have been about 6-7 different designs which will be reprinted for future sales as well as new designs in the pipeline.

Basically this post is to let you know that Pete is doing a special Xmas print run of the BOSKY 3998 design. This is a limited run & will only be printed in this form this one time. Treeworker have offered Pete to use the website as a platform from which to distribute the clothing & I'm really pleased to be able to help get this quality gear into the public domain.

If you are interested, even remotely, then please visit this link.

http://www.treeworker.co.uk/acatalog/Bosky_Tree_Climbers_Apparel.html

There is also the opportunity to win a shirt through the charity raffle that Steve is running at Christmas as Pete is donating into the bin on that one.

Many thanks & G'luck

Nod

I have been asked to explain what the ' bosky thing ' is all about, so here we go. The dictionary definition of bosky is as follows;

Bosky[/b] /bosskey[/i]/ a.[/b] tree or shrub covered; ( ie landscape or hillside )

2 slang n. tipsy, drunk.

3 Polish n. god like

If you are a tree climber you can see how this fits the profile. In these days of the designer label many people wear clothes with someone's name and it really has no relevance to the person wearing it, it just happens to be the thing to be seen in. All the bosky designs so far have had a story behind them, so if you're in the pub/club/bar etc & someone asks you what that is on your chest, you can tell them.

But it's not ' look at me I've got a big chainsaw ', the girls have to ask you first, then you hit them with how big & dangerous your tools are.

When the 3998 T shirts came out at the AA trade show it was quite surprising how many arborists asked what the numbers meant, hopefully this is a question that will not be asked here.

I have a Xmas suggestion for all of you like myself who when asked ' what do you want for christmas ' want a bit of security and sanity, and you get a crappy woolly hat or a new mug. A book called

The Wild Trees by Richard Preston.

This should have any professional tree climber laughing gasping and ranting all the way through, ( I must spend more time with my wife)

Anyway to all of you I met in the lounge pie & potatoe with a bit of piri piri sauce...lovely