Skuba Diving

mcleish17

Hi, I have recently come back from holliday where I took the chance to do a skuba dive. It is safe to say I love it!

Does anyone else skuba dive?

I only want to do a course which will let me skuba dive whilst I am away on holiday, what course would enable me to do this?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have recently come back from holliday where I took the chance to do a skuba dive. It is safe to say I love it!

I only want to do a course which will let me skuba dive whilst I am away on holiday, what course would enable me to do this?

I dabble. You can do a PADI in a week and its great fun :thumbup1:

I think you need to do the " paddy " course . I was the old British sub aqua club but that is toooooo intensive for holiday stuff

Done my scot sac same as bsac diving course 7 or 8 years ago a lot cheaper than the Padi cash cow way done over 100 dives go with my son now and again better training system and I believe safer than a 5 day course that classes you as a diver

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi mate, i am an ex commercial diver by trade, bsac and padi instructor before all this tree stuff took over my life! Padi diver training is accepted worldwide and is a far quicker way to get qualified than through the bsac - although the bsac is a more indepth course and does cover a greater scope but too long winded for the holiday diver in my opinion. If you go down the padi route i would suggest you do the open water diver and the advanced open water diver course for your own safety and piece of mind. Hope this helps.

Cheers Andy.

Hi mate, i am an ex commercial diver by trade, bsac and padi instructor before all this tree stuff took over my life! Padi diver training is accepted worldwide and is a far quicker way to get qualified than through the bsac - although the bsac is a more indepth course and does cover a greater scope but too long winded for the holiday diver in my opinion. If you go down the padi route i would suggest you do the open water diver and the advanced open water diver course for your own safety and piece of mind. Hope this helps.

Cheers Andy.

Thanks for all the replies. Yeah I think I am going to both of the courses. I can always do additional courses to get more experience.

I am looking forward to doing it! :)