chapter 8

dodger

Wiser???

They refused a course and you call them wise!? Not a description that springs to my mind..lol

Bet they never get offered another course! Well-done you young guys! :001_smile:

do you think it ok to give newbies some or young groundmen that have only been in the game for a few months and give them a one days course on chapter 8 and the company can say it your fault when it does go horrible wrong because you had one days training. the older ones did seek out the law on this that why they are alittle wiser

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have more responsibility then they should have more pay imo, they just have to make sure everything is done correctly, If the company doesnt have the proper signs, cones etc then it should be the company at risk not the individual. Although that would make sense, the guy who missed out a cone or put one a few yards too close would prob get the bullet :001_smile:

Something we should look at doing I think.

Although most of the time I'm, just loading the van :001_tongue:

do you think it ok to give newbies some or young groundmen that have only been in the game for a few months and give them a one days course on chapter 8 and the company can say it your fault when it does go horrible wrong because you had one days training. the older ones did seek out the law on this that why they are alittle wiser

Yes I think its ok, its good to give young lads some responsibility, but remember…just because they do a one day course the supervisors and managers still have to supervise and manage, i.e. they have a responsibility to go out on site and check the lads are following chapter 8, wearing their high-viz, using the right size cones etc.

Courses are not a ‘Get out of jail free card’ for employers.

If they have more responsibility then they should have more pay imo, they just have to make sure everything is done correctly, If the company doesnt have the proper signs, cones etc then it should be the company at risk not the individual. Although that would make sense, the guy who missed out a cone or put one a few yards too close would prob get the bullet :001_smile:

Something we should look at doing I think.

Although most of the time I'm, just loading the van :001_tongue:

its the individual that has chapter 8 not the company fault because . but how many companys out there dont have the the full proper signs, cones etc but put pressure on there blokes to get the work done,

Which part are the lads being put through? My understanding is that there are two parts / units to it - one to set up and a different one to check / supervise that it's done right. Shoot me down if I'm wide of the mark as my employer won't put me through it - we put that kind of work out to tender. Hey ho back to ringing up the western red.

Yes I think its ok, its good to give young lads some responsibility, but remember…just because they do a one day course the supervisors and managers still have to supervise and manage, i.e. they have a responsibility to go out on site and check the lads are following chapter 8, wearing their high-viz, using the right size cones etc.

Courses are not a ‘Get out of jail free card’ for employers.

the supervisors and managers still have to supervise and manage

this is were the law is a ass your right they should be supervise and manage

but by giving them chapter 8 it gives them the reasonabilties and dont have to be supervise and manage. there a court case going on invovling a traffic accident were tree surgeons had it cone out, when its finnish i can post it on here its a right eye opeaner

I don't have C8, I worked with others who had attended the course. But I do know it. It's not rocket science setting out signs and cones in a specified order.keeping the book in the cab helps with out of the ordinary. But to get it very wrong would take the desire to get it wrong, laziness or incompetence. It's very easy IMO.