our health

dodger

The key here if you have the motivation is train hard. Work does not keep you fit in this game it slowly destroys you unless you have perfect technique and lets face it that's just not possible half the time.

I agree with that Buzz, I love weight training and it helps with work. Strong muscles take some of the strain off youre joints. I follow a bodybuilding routine of one body part per session.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with Skyhuck, if you stopped doing it you would get stiffer and weaker. I dont climb as often as you guys at all, and when i do it is that little bit tougher.When i get back into fulltime work and doing it more i know it will be better.

use it or lose it idea.

My understanding is that cardio vascular workouts are very different from body building regimes. The power to weight ratio of the average body builder would make them next to useless in a tree, but he'd be top dog when it comes to getting the timber out from a back garden. There's also a great deal of inflexibility that comes with muscle bulk, which once again hinders movement around a crown. I haven't climbed since November last year and I've stacked on over two stone! Strong muscle groups around our joints are an excellent way to protect them for sure, but too much and the whole point is lost. Strong fit and lean is the optimum for a climber. Bruce Lee good, Geoff Capes bad.

I'm just a fat bastard now. Marathon in under 4 hours once, seems like an age away. I cant recommend Yoga enough to climbers, Its by far the best way to reduce the incidences of body damage. wish I could do it more.

I agree that if you don't use it, you loose it. I'm the living proof.

My understanding is that cardio vascular workouts are very different from body building regimes. The power to weight ratio of the average body builder would make them next to useless in a tree,f.

You will only get too big if you take steroids. I have trained for years and never taken steroids, the heaviest I have ever been is 15 stone and I have never lost any mobility.

it not how fit you are wasn your knee joint and back goes you are no good to man and beast, and the company you work for are not going to keep you,

my self think hse should look into common injuries course by tree work over the years,

its like some firms do plane in the summer surely this must have a effect later on in someones life

most old climber i know all have common back pain in the lower spine

climbing is a demanding job and over the years we all going to have aches and pains course by wear and tear to our joints, just think there should be a safe guard into place so we are not just put on the scrap heap

You will only get too big if you take steroids. I have trained for years and never taken steroids, the heaviest I have ever been is 15 stone and I have never lost any mobility.

The image of you doing the splits in a leotard makes me feel queasy. Of course flexability and mobility are different things. Yes your right steroids or gayboy vanity tablets as I like to call them will fill you up with water. Condom full of marbles! I think as long as one can do 100 pull ups and touch your wrists on your toes, it doesn't matter how much extra muscle you drag around with you. The shout about pies has been replaced by who ate all the protein shakes.Oh and I'm 15 stone Mick, but bet I look heavier than you due to Higher BMI.:ohmy::001_smile::001_smile:

[quote name=Jason James Gairn;108182Oh and I'm 15 stone Mick' date=' but bet I look heavier than you due to Higher BMI.:ohmy::001_smile::001_smile:[/quote]

Luckily I am ectomorph so even if I stopped training and gave up physical work i wouldnt get fat just scrawny. If youre worried about youre weight increase I could always loan you one my used leotards if you wanted to give the the gym a go. I promise to wash it first lol. Seriously though, have you tried swimming ? It would be a shame to lose all that fitness that youve built up over the years through doing tree work. :001_smile: