Guitars . Show em !

Stubby

Nothing to be scared of really, you just turn it in very small increments, capo on the first fret, push on the last and tap both the E strings to ensure there is a bit of relief. If you get a bit of fret buzz, especially near the machine heads, you can often get rid of it with a bit of a tweak. Just don't go stupid and most adjustments are usually under 1/8th of a turn plus on my Artcore, clockwise tightens the truss and on the Ibanez S970, it is the opposite but it is obvious if you take it very easy.

The good thing about Ibanez is they have a quick access hatch on the adjuster, a flap that is pushed to one side, a very nice touch.

You need to usually tweak them if you change string gauge anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Just fitted a set of these -

WWW.WARMANGUITARS.CO.UK

A pair of Warman Tennessee Revival chrome high quality humbucking pickups. These are based upon our original...

In my Ibanez Artcore AS 73 hollow body and, apart from being a sod to fit with no access covers to remove on the guitar, they have given the guitar a fair bit of growl and clarity for £30. So, if you have a project you are thinking of fitting new humbuckers on, these are well worth considering and wont' break the bank.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

IMG_1608653552.547224.thumb.jpg.7d7e11d5f1cfc8ab0ad504a9a9fa3856.jpg

I’ve been wanting one of these for ages. Idly looked on Facebook marketplace last night and lo and behold one close by being sold by a tree bloke.

Was initially skeptical of the funny switching but positions four and five are actually really useful. Like clicking on a tube screamer.

I’ll probably set it up with elevens in drop B when the fresh nines it has on wear out.

https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/detail/s521_03.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHPP said:

IMG_1608653552.547224.thumb.jpg.7d7e11d5f1cfc8ab0ad504a9a9fa3856.jpg

I’ve been wanting one of these for ages. Idly looked on Facebook marketplace last night and lo and behold one close by being sold by a tree bloke.

Was initially skeptical of the funny switching but positions four and five are actually really useful. Like clicking on a tube screamer.

I’ll probably set it up with elevens in drop B when the fresh nines it has on wear out.

https://www.ibanez.com/na/products/detail/s521_03.html

Hi bud . What should be in the oval cavity ?  or is that for the jack ?

Edited by Stubby

5 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I use any old shite (will probably buy four nice ones if I get round to gigging). Kirlin and Planet Waves either side of the pedals atm. Also have a GYC that twists like an absolute bastard.

If they are good enough for Joe Bonamassa  they are too good for me !  😁The silent plug version in right angle or strait .

• Like 1

I bought myself a bass at the start of lockdown. I used to play quite a bit until about 12-14 years ago. 

I just sold it again today as it just wasn't that interesting to play. In the intervening time I've learned to play piano (to a reasonable standard) and it's so much more versatile. I started out playing a lot of classical, but I often just sit at the keys now and work out songs that are floating around my head. It's quite nice to be able to do that - a means of expression that I wouldn't otherwise have if I didin't play an instrument :D

• Like 1