Traffic management

nottsarb

I have a fairly large tree to take down which involves closing a lane on a fairly busy single carriageway road do I need to contact the local authorities to do so or can I just set up a traffic light system.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Some of the TM companies charge for the permit. Council will require a site plan, showing how the system is going to be set up. You'll have to provide the date you want to work, so they know there's no conflict with other works. You may also find they won't let you start until after rush hour if its applicable on that road.

Hey Guys!

The advise given is correct, you will have to contact the local council to request traffic lights in the road, some TM companies point blank refuse to apply for permits, whilst it is the case that sometimes we (TM companies) arnt allowed to apply for them (it must be the primary contractor) WE would always help our clients fill out the paperwork!

Some councils do not operate a permitting system, but you MUST notify them and receive permission to erect traffic lights in the road.

And a wise move that you are going to employ a Tm company as you do have to be qualified to put lights out.

If you want any more info PM me!

CBB

TreeQuip,

It may be that some councils require the person doing the works (Not the TM company) to apply for the permit, some councils do allow an 'on behalf of application' but most dont.

CBB

Didn't know that, in that case get the TM company to do the paperwork and submit that