EWGS Advice

Hi

Some friends have a farm with extensive woodlands and have asked me to look into securing EWGS money for the woodland.

Ive been on the FC website and downloaded all the documents and have started reading about it but wanted peoples advice as i havent done anything like this before so its new territory for me.

What sort of things to make sure i do and procedures that are easy to miss really.

How possible is it for me to make a succesful bid bearing in mind this will be my first attempt at.

Finally i understand the EWGS scheme is changing in Decemeber is that right? can anyone tell me what this could mean for my application?

Thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ADB, before you can enter into the full EWGS funding stream you need to make sure that the owner registers their land with the RPA (Rural Payments Agency). Once this is done, complete EWGS1 (the general details form) then you'll need to do a management plan for the wood. There is currently a grant of £1k for this. You can no longer get at the other pots of cash without the plan.

I don't know where you are but you can pm me for further details, if you want.

• 4 weeks later...
Once this is done, complete EWGS1 (the general details form) then you'll need to do a management plan for the wood. There is currently a grant of £1k for this. You can no longer get at the other pots of cash without the plan.

You can get grants without the management plan until 2014 then it will be a requirement of all Woodland improvement grant applications.

There are still pots of money in some regions but all have different targets so if could indicate you location there are people out there that can help give you guidance, but its very much a regional thing so whats goes in terms of funing in West Midlands may not in East Midlands FC region etc. :thumbup: the paperwork is pretty straight forward for EWGS1. Just ensure you have the land registered as mentioned and request the correct maps (this may take several attempts :sneaky2: ) and then make sure you follow the guidance for colour the woodland boundaries in.

Above all ask your FC woodland officer, as they should tell you what is and isnt available in your area and what the require from you.