Big Shot set up.

Old Mill Tree Care

Dowlings outdoor sports on eBay. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Awesome bit of kit. Works best on a 6ft and 4ft Jameson pole for max range.

Hahaha. I just ordered one from there 5 minutes ago. Can't wait, although I don't have a 4ft pole.

I have just been wondering about the hassle of using it with 2x6ft poles:001_huh:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in the states we can get a 2' extension to add to a 6' base pole.

8' total seem best for keeping your hands away from the firing pouch and rubbers.

For equestrian there are quick release panic snaps for a few dollars. They aren't as smooth as a trigger or sail snap but for the price I can deal with it.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, it's been a busy two weeks!

First I got an archery trigger for my Bigshot, then I went to Barbados for a week (& got upgraded to Club on both flights).

When I returned home my Ropetek Sidewinder had arrived so I went to work, then came home again.

Now I've put this together:

The string I used is a bit thin but fits through the windsurf mast base.

The archery trigger is fantastic.

The little Prussik captures progress perfectly.

I feel exhausted!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367156556.792997.jpg.cf077e2b722fa595e2db1f707961137e.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367156570.210025.jpg.1990fcc10496186e02a6706f5721de30.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1367156583.854659.jpg.cf2b40e91a25353189eb9ae77a19f81d.jpg

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I knackered up my elbow last week using a bigshot. Pulling it backs no problem, it was the sudden release that sent a twang into my elbow leaving me taking ibuprofen and codeine for the rest of the week....its still not right.

Triggers are a good idea!

Best I could come up with to relieve this is to to ball up the finger pull.

So you grip a ball rather than tensioning your fingers to high hell.

The grip is similar to pulling a rope.

I can get you pic if you like. Really it is a just a ball of tape.

i also found my most accurate shots are with the 8'pole and shooting off the hip. Bit of an ouchy! for a bit more accuracy:001_huh:

Not my invention, Dan Holliday did it first.

This is just my version. Don't know if I'll use it next week as I've got short stuff booked in.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Dan did bring it to the fore, but the system has been around for years.

If you are struggling for height, you could try micro filament & a smaller bag - I have seen it hit insane height

There good things, and nice work OMT.

This is mine, throw by hand when I don't need the max reach but its real handy for the long game. OMT, you'll like the knight just got one, expense little jigger but wouldn't go back. Now I only curse when I miss a shot.:001_tongue:

Trigger is a filed down QR snap (hair baby). I had to save my money to throw a Traxion self capturing pulley on it. 2:1 is good.

IMG_3355.jpg.acc29efc6bddb429ac19fabfd65d8570.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg.75b762300576725c0a08abcb08734860.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg.76ab39442832ce52a9f00c159507ad41.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg.0b0b1793c6d4f4e30dc56e8e61149cbf.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg.b900ff2ac173bc57ec285efb47a74348.jpg