Pick up purchase dilemma

j r hartly

I can recomend the izusu its a real donky a tuff one at that ours is of the same age as you are looking at not had much looking after 176000 miles on it and no real work haveing been needed other than serviceables and a cople bearing s its easy on tyers did 120000 miles on one set of bf at's

Ii had the 3.1 version, brilliant vehicle and bullet proof, had a very hard life (2000yr) and done over 200000 when I sold it last year! Farm where I've got workshop bought it of me for scrap money, put mot on it and they love it! Not a fan of L200's gutless

Ii had the 3.1 version, brilliant vehicle and bullet proof, had a very hard life (2000yr) and done over 200000 when I sold it last year! Farm where I've got workshop bought it of me for scrap money, put mot on it and they love it! Not a fan of L200's gutless

L200's arn't guttless!! Mine is an early one on a p reg with mechanical injector pump which has been turned up along with a few other tweeks.

It has no problems towing good loads at all!!

My parents have a for life+ with factory power upgrade it's 170 odd hp and again has no problems towing.

You must have had a bad experience with one? Before L200's we used to run Isuzu's from old square 2.5 trooper right upto the last gen trooper with the 3.0 direct injection which gave that much trouble the whole family swapped to Mitsubishi's!!

i used to use a yr 2000 l200, absolutely gutless. you had to be thrashing it about to get anywhere with a trailer.

on the same estate they had a j plate disco that was registered ag and absolutely hanging. it which would pull the pants off the L200 any time of the day!!!!!!

the disco would pull at any revs where ads the l200 required high revs.

(not a land rover fan by the way)

Like i said you must have had a bad one! mine pulls hardest from 1500-2500rpm and i don't need to take it over 3000rpm ever. I used to have a disco 1 tdi300 auto and have to admit that was an ultimate towing machine BUT the reason i'm a LR hater is because both the disco and the defender 90 i had spent more time being spannered than working!!

I'm thinking of going YANK anyway lol F150 1500 4x4 single cab with manual box. If you get them sva'd you can have them plated for 3.5t and 7t train weight and if it's on lpg should work out around 30mpg at current fuel prices. Bet that won't have any trouble towing :)

We should arrange a top gear inspired arb truck drag race, chipbox ladders and chipper hooked up hahaha

Like i said you must have had a bad one! mine pulls hardest from 1500-2500rpm and i don't need to take it over 3000rpm ever. I used to have a disco 1 tdi300 auto and have to admit that was an ultimate towing machine BUT the reason i'm a LR hater is because both the disco and the defender 90 i had spent more time being spannered than working!!

I'm thinking of going YANK anyway lol F150 1500 4x4 single cab with manual box. If you get them sva'd you can have them plated for 3.5t and 7t train weight and if it's on lpg should work out around 30mpg at current fuel prices. Bet that won't have any trouble towing :)

We should arrange a top gear inspired arb truck drag race, chipbox ladders and chipper hooked up hahaha

They tow pretty well, friends of mine have had 3 or 4 now. All on gas, auto with various specs and engines 5 to 6.5L v8's. They are pretty bouncy with a heavy trailer on and do not to anything like as well as an amazon, discovery, shogun, range rover style truck.

But the reason they sold them all was the never ending problems with the gas conversion kits. At any time at least one of them was off the road with head and valve issues to do with lubrication. They all had lubrication kits on them and the problems still arose. They all did about 30k per year towing though and the trailers went out and came back at pretty much 3.5ton with machines on (they were not used for tree work)

They are also very slow, with or without a load and the auto boxes are pretty agricultural. Oh, and the brakes are not good, they were another fairly constant issue.