110 tipper

colwoodlandcare

I purchased a 300tdi 110 tipper last summer. It's got a galv chassis and is tax agricultural and forestry which is a nice little perk.

We have just got rid of the ply and had it replaced with GRP boarding. Just waiting for the barn doors and sign writing to be finished. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1364411230.999448.jpg.864a4f76669d703a9ed9a030e4ea8c80.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1364411245.605467.jpg.325983d050f3ea7ba69d062d3b4e828a.jpg

I have updated the rear springs to the HD +500kg but still find it abit wollowy.

What are other people's rear suspension set up?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I purchased a 300tdi 110 tipper last summer. It's got a galv chassis and is tax agricultural and forestry which is a nice little perk.

We have just got rid of the ply and had it replaced with GRP boarding. Just waiting for the barn doors and sign writing to be finished. [ATTACH]119043[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]119044[/ATTACH]

I have updated the rear springs to the HD +500kg but still find it abit wollowy.

What are other people's rear suspension set up?

HI MATE what make of springs have you got i was talking to a chap who makes them i was going for 750 kgs thanks jon :thumbup:

Britpart, i believe there the stiffest they do. Im either thinking the lil springs inside the big ones or the air bags.

I havent uprated the front ones, not sure how much difference that will make?

HI MATE ive now had front one done mate i think 500kgs are stiffest ones but you can have them made for you at £120 a spring thanks jon :thumbup:

.... and is tax agricultural and forestry which is a nice little perk...

So how do you find driving everywhere at 28mph then?

:confused1:

Surely it depends what YOU use it for as to whether it should be registered as Ag and Forestry, not the previous owner.

Be careful you don't get caught out!

Ok, for my input. Go for as heavy outer springs as you can find for the rear. Then fit air bags, these give the most lift and can be adjusted.

Have you got anti roll bars? If not, get some. Front AND rear. Discovery 1 have them fitted standard, will go straight on and are easy to get hold of. This wont help the ride hight, but the handling difference is immense, especially with a front bar fitted.

Dont bother uprating the front unless you're doing a lift, as the front axle doesnt take hardly any of the load due to the position(over the rear axle) of the body.

Just my ten for you really, take it how you like, but its what I found out the hard way! Mine is a dream now with the above set-up.

P.S, if you decide to go with helper "insert" springs I have a set I can sell you, as I was going to stick them on the bay.:sneaky2: