Mistletoe Grafting?

PeteB

We tried it with grafts and seed on to lime

Didn't work for us that time but have read that it can

Most efficient results are from using seed apparently

How to grow mistletoe | The Mistletoe Pages

Didn't realise that initial establishment was so slow. It's appearing in our area but very localised. Is this down to micro climates?

Air quality perhaps ?

Possibly. It's common in the Severn valley from Worcester downstream and seemingly rare upstream. It's appeared now in pops in the Ironbridge area and well established. The Severn Gorge's climate is affected by the power station which is why my thoughts were going along the micro-climate route.

I was always told the seed had to be in contact with the host tree and bird poo and that combination would enable it to germinate successfully and they always thrive on fruit tree's I have a hawthorn opposite ours on the river bank that I think I spotted some on this winter normally I would not see much around here locally but then that's probably due to it all getting picked

Can anyone send me some seeds to try, I been wanting to try some on a Rowan but none around my part of the world only in shops at xmas and thats gone.

Seeds under the bark sounds good Querscus, probably better than trying to grafts I would think.

I'll have a look in the garden, I noticed we had a few clumps with berries still on the other week but with this recent snow they may have all been taken now.... One clump I set myself, onto an old Bramley with quite rough bark, literally spread a few berries onto it and evidently one or two have set, took a couple of years to get something worth cutting. We're in the mistletoe capital though, it's bloody everywhere round here!:laugh1:

DSC09928.jpg.da4d17b7cd7726608d5fbf08b45e7a0b.jpg