Friends...who needs 'em!!!

rovers90

True good friends are a very rare thing

Users are far more common

You are a mate whilst you are doing him a favour, sell the stuff to someone who appreciates your efforts, let him go moan to someone else, with friends like that who needs enemies.

I agree with all these comments and thank you for the support. I'll certainly not be chasing him re a delivery. The more I thought about it today, he has been a right royal pain dans le derriere - complained of a short load once, went to collect the money once only for him to say I'v just spent it on parts for the Land Rover I'm working on and similar on another occasion it took 4 visits to get the cash off him!!

He can go cold or go elsewhere!:BoomSmilie_anim:

I would not have put up with his antics I am afraid. In all the years we have sold logs I have only had one complaint.

I loaded a trailer load one night ready for my wife to deliver to a new customer the next day so I knew what was put on and how good the load was !

On the way home I phoned home to say what time I would be back for tea and could tell there was something wrong.

My wife says man was not there when she delivered and he said he would be but daughter said tip them on the yard He then ring up several hours latter to say does not think He has had value for money and they burn to fast !!! He is not happy.

I ring him and get the same story so I say I will come straight over and sort it out.

I get home pick up the trailer and the wife off we go, no logs on the yard when we get there so I knock on the door He has put them all away neatly stacked about 50 feet from drop of point. He says he is not happy THEY ARE BURNING TO QUICK AND ARE TO DRY !( apart from our logs what He had in the shed was fresh wet oak !!)

I hand him back his money and tell Him I would rather not have him as a customer if He is not happy with them I would rather someone else had them as we have 300 regular happy customers and as it was the week leading up to Christmas I had plenty of places to take them.

The look on his face was priceless :sneaky2: