COST OF ROPEKNIGHT? What the?

RopeKnight

Heads out of the fox hole again.:ohmy:

Please reply with a value you would be more apt to purchase a basic RopeKnight? And rate your level of interest, 1 HIGH and 5 LOW?

Many here believe the RopeKnight is over priced.

Yes I agree. Over priced compared to traditional weights. :confused1:

As most know, it accomplishes much more, is quite an improvement, consists of a total of 6 tools in one device and is proving itself in the work place to save arbclimbers considerable time and money. Plus RA is Guaranteed for Life.:thumbup1: Plenty of ringing endorsements.

Please, compare the RopeKnight to other tools of comparable quality, material, finish and machining and also consider the amount of time, effort and money invested into educating the arb community of this innovation.

We are listening and so are distributors and dealers. Here is your opportunity to let everyone know how you feel about the cost and your interest. If you have never replied to a thread, please do.

If you are interested to learn about the costs involved to bring innovation to the marketplace I have considerable experience and insight to share. Ask away!

BTW We are celebrating our 5th Anniversary this year.:beer:

Edited by RopeKnight
add poll

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads out of the fox hole again.:ohmy:

Please reply with a value you would be more apt to purchase a basic RopeKnight? And rate your level of interest, 1 HIGH and 5 LOW?

Many here believe the RopeKnight is over priced.

Yes I agree. Over priced compared to traditional weights. :confused1:

As most know, it accomplishes much more, is quite an improvement, consists of a total of 6 tools in one device and is proving itself in the work place to save arbclimbers considerable time and money. Plus RA is Guaranteed for Life.:thumbup1: Plenty of ringing endorsements.

Please, compare the RopeKnight to other tools of comparable quality, material, finish and machining and also consider the amount of time, effort and money invested into educating the arb community of this innovation.

We are listening and so are distributors and dealers. Here is your opportunity to let everyone know how you feel about the cost and your interest. If you have never replied to a thread, please do.

If you are interested to learn about the costs involved to bring innovation to the marketplace I have considerable experience and insight to share. Ask away!

BTW We are celebrating our 5th Anniversary this year.:beer:

I don't know how you expect people to make a comparison, i don't know what it costs, no one I know owns one, or has ever used one.

As far as the educating the arb community goes, from where I stand that would be better described as your advertising costs.

My only experience of it is watching your videos Thomas...

It looks like a lovely piece of equipment and I am a pretty stinky throwbagger, so I identify with all the points you make.

I couldn't personally see me buying it though until it was under £100.... and I don't mean by a few pence!

My only experience of it is watching your videos Thomas...

It looks like a lovely piece of equipment and I am a pretty stinky throwbagger, so I identify with all the points you make.

I couldn't personally see me buying it though until it was under £100.... and I don't mean by a few pence!

I agree completely with this.

I would not be interested in any of the extras that come with it apart from the rubber sleeve that you mentioned you sometimes use above cars and roofs Thomas.

I might add that i don't actually think the RK is overpriced because understand the R&D costs and manufacturing costs. For me it's just too much to spend because whilst I realise a RK would be a joy to use it would get me home slightly earlier a few days a month.

If a traditional throw bag gets me to another job per week, that would make the difference but for me it doesn't.

I'll still buy one if a UK retailer starts selling it at a reasonable price.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

It looks like a very well made piece of kit, and the idea looks to be a good one. But, I think that the cost would put most people off from trying one in the first place. This is not a criticism of the product, but compared to this: The Sawpod offering at £40, i think most would go for the cheaper option.

I personally couldn't justify the cost regardless of its merits.

67349_10151296245462047_381343547_n.jpg.f3487bd10b860e102e377c86fabdbf97.jpg

It looks like a very well made piece of kit, and the idea looks to be a good one. But, I think that the cost would put most people off from trying one in the first place. This is not a criticism of the product, but compared to this: The Sawpod offering at £40, i think most would go for the cheaper option.

I personally couldn't justify the cost regardless of its merits.

It will get stuck, probably more than a conventional throw bag. It still has a ring to catch. The rope knight overcomes this by having a gentle sloping angle from line entry to main body.

Having used throw bags and rope knight I no which one I choose. My friends also sceptical now ask to use mine when installing lines.:thumbup:

Ok Paul, so you're our man on the ground now.

Does it save/make money?

Is it SO much better?

Is it worth it?

Can you give us just one overriding reason why we should have one?

Thanks. 👍

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Quite difficult for me to quantify as unlike Thomas I have not broken it down to man hours etc!

As per my previous post I think you could have just the rope knight on its own with maybe the red cover and a bag. Everything else could then be an optional extra helping to reduce cost.

It does save me time and frustration!😄

Is it worth it? Anything that makes my life easier and less stressful has to be a good thing! 👍

Is it better? It certainly has its advantages which soon outweigh the negatives. The major one being cost and getting used to using a solid object.

I can not give you one overriding reason why you should have one as that's a personnel decision that only you can answer. Like I said before I like it and so do my mates. They particularly like my stress free setting of climbing lines!👍🙈🙉🙊