It's easy to get caught up in work!

Stephen Blair

It's giving up the hookers, drugs and fast cars down in London that I would really struggle with :001_rolleyes:

:lol:

Shouldnt that read 'Hangers, slugs and electric cars'

I presume you were refering to work life???

Just incase Mrs Humphries reads arbtalk whilst you are away to keep in touch with you!!!!

if I could, I'd work 10 hours a day to cut the working week to 4 days. I have enough leave to do that (having accrued 28 years of leave entitlement) but those in charge feel it would impinge on how I run the team :001_rolleyes: from my perspective it wouldn't as I have a really good team that work fine without being spoon fed. Something I should try and negotiate on perhaps.

...something I've seen a lot of. A slightly overly serious response perhaps David but if you define your core tasks, appoint a deputy and 'train' a staff member in each one you can go to management and prove that their world won't collapse without you on Fridays. Laying out your reasons (family time) helps too.

It's then more difficult for them to refuse you.

Worth a go I'd say.

Jon

Blimey, wish I earned $50 an hour !

I don't see anywhere near enough of my boys since we decided to up sticks and move the family out of London to the sticks.

Staying in London during the week (5am start on a Monday) is the sacrifice we are all making for the boys and wife to have a nice house, better school and to be nearer to their extended family.

It seems to be working in terms the wife coping alone during the week, but I'm starting to ponder (after 18 months) what effect this will have on the boys long term with dad not being at home and barking at them occasionally.

My highlight of the week is getting home on a Friday afternoon to pick them up from school and then have 2 days & three nights with them as the focus.

I've started working late in the office during the week toward earning the flexi time to be able to leave early enough on a Friday to get home in time. It's not a chore, (i'm sad enough to actually love my job) if I could, I'd work 10 hours a day to cut the working week to 4 days. I have enough leave to do that (having accrued 28 years of leave entitlement) but those in charge feel it would impinge on how I run the team :001_rolleyes: from my perspective it wouldn't as I have a really good team that work fine without being spoon fed. Something I should try and negotiate on perhaps.

Good post Stevie, made me stop & think.

its always good to be mindful, but dont beat yourself too hard your one of the best dads I know:thumbup1: