Man and chipper day rate

Coletti

Hey guys, got my self a little jo beau m500 and am trying to work out a day rate, was thinking £200 if chip is left on site and this will be based on an 8hr day, does this sound reasonable? I don't want to over charge but at the same time I don't want to be loosing out

I reckon the best thing to do is start at a rate a bit higher than this, say £250 A DAY, and if work is too slow reduce it a little till you find your markets tolerance, get too much work raise it:thumbup1:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha mines not as economical as yours andy, went through about 20 litres in 8hrs so that's 2.5l per hour, not bad considering its a 24hp 5" chipper and good in comparison by the sounds of it but nothing like your under a litre an hour :(

Yeah, the M500 is self propelled too isn't it? And 5" I guess would suck the fuel fairly.

As an aside, £120k of artic truck goes out with driver for £400-£450 a day, burns a hell of a lot of fuel, cost a lot in road tax insurance etc, or £180k excavator out with operator is £27p/hr. Kind of puts chipper ownership into perspective I think.

Tracked 6inch wolf with operator goes out at £240 a day or on its own to other firms at £100 plus it all ways must come back with a full tank of fuel . Do a couple of days a month usually.

Could have done with that today! Where are you based?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Boiler goes off, Plumber turns up, fiddles a fiddle and 20min later presents you with a £50+ bill...:confused1:

Puts EVERTHING into perspective...

Ty

I am 60% less expensive and 100% more honest than a plumber...:001_rolleyes:

Edited by Ty Korrigan
I was wrong...got problem with that...?

You can hire a tw 150 for a day at £150 + Vat ,then add on fuel ,collection and return. £200 would just about cover this, where's you wage. There's no point working for nothing.if its your own machine and paid for ,I suppose you might make some money but you still have to maintain it. Don't sell your self short