SRT Q & A's Thread

I think you missed your calling Dan. So many more options single line!

I am a big fan of installing redirects from the ground before I climb up. Good old predirects!! Keeping the efficiency up

Yes you can sort a lot of Messing around out on the floor with the throw line which is how I mostly work :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you missed your calling Dan. So many more options single line!

I am a big fan of installing redirects from the ground before I climb up. Good old predirects!! Keeping the efficiency up

My paint skills are my retirement fund.

Predirects, I like that. I may have to nab that phrase from you:001_tt2:

I've got quite a good technique the first is the "Bourne" this mainly involves the use of the hitch hiker climber remote control arborist and the "Curtis" this model is a bit newer than the Bourne and mainly involves the the use of the Unicender climber remote control arborist. The manual said you can remote control these from within a van or 4x4 but ive not had the chance to use this feature yet. I will review it once the situation occurs.

If either of these fail i have to dust off old faithful the "Flatters" or "El Diablo" in Spain. Not as fast as the newer models and takes slightly longer to warm up. The only downside is it only knows go big, go hard, go home which is a minus on day rate sites.

Failing that i get Dan's Professional Arboricultural Tree Line Mapping Service or Dan's Paint for short to text me a drawing and continue with the knowledge that painting pictures will always inspire great things.

Part of my problem too!! Bigshot:001_tt2:

Learn:001_tt2:

I was pathetic with a throwline until a few years ago, I'd throw backwards, straight along the ground, any which way but where I intended. The reason being that I used to work every day with a guy who was pretty much a walking bigshot. He'd have me an anchor set while I was getting my gear out the truck. When I stopped working with him I realised I had better get good quickly. I set aside a couple of afternoons and went for a walk with two throwlines. I didn't aim for the highest points, but concentrated on accuracy and repetition of getting the same place multiple times in a row. Since then (touch wood) I've been able to get myself where I want without too much hassle.

I do own a bigshot but it rarely gets used for work, probably less than 6 times this year. That's nothing to do with the size of tree I climb, as Ben has seen, I can throw high. It's more fun for firing walnuts and crab apples:thumbup:

I've got quite a good technique the first is the "Bourne" this mainly involves the use of the hitch hiker climber remote control arborist and the "Curtis" this model is a bit newer than the Bourne and mainly involves the the use of the Unicender climber remote control arborist. The manual said you can remote control these from within a van or 4x4 but ive not had the chance to use this feature yet. I will review it once the situation occurs.

If either of these fail i have to dust off old faithful the "Flatters" or "El Diablo" in Spain. Not as fast as the newer models and takes slightly longer to warm up. The only downside is it only knows go big, go hard, go home which is a minus on day rate sites.

Failing that i get Dan's Professional Arboricultural Tree Line Mapping Service or Dan's Paint for short to text me a drawing and continue with the knowledge that painting pictures will always inspire great things.

:lol::lol::thumbup:

Haaaaaa! I was giggling out loud and Alex was going "what" "what" "WHAT YOU LAUGHING AT" she didn't find it funny though.. Made me snort like a pig haaa!

Yea I was impressed with your skills Dan! 30m was big! The best I managed to get the line accurately in that grave yard Kapok was 25! and that was a lucky shot!

One armed pendulum is key for big throws. But im more accurate with a cradle between my legs. You are right Dan I need to practice. I dont take the big shot everyday. Just for big trees