Leylandii to charcoal ? It is worth the time and money?

wrighttrees

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just burnt some two year seasoned leylandii and I couldn't get near the stove. Will be keeping all I get.

I am almost through 5 cubic m of cypress and leyandii in a log burner. It dried very quickly but then seems to soak up a little water over time. It seems to need a good draft blowing through it in storage. However it has kept us warm, and was cheap. Flue was swept a week ago and that was pretty clean as well. It was hard work splitting it compared to say Ash. I reckon it needs careful storage to keep it dry so may not suit everyone. No problem using it though.

My vote for the worst arb arising to burn would be woody parts of a Fatsia shrub. I only have a few lengths but it does not want to dry.

Hardwood for cookingOils in the conifer taint the meat when cooking

By all means use for yourself or for the forge

But if you want sell a professional catering grade charcoal hardwood only

Hope this helps as it appears that some of u don't understand the difference in the way trees seal out decay via compartmentalise and antitoxin oils

Shoot straight stay alive

Never heard that before, any link to futher info on it, googled antitoxin oils & nothing came up.

• 4 weeks later...