Hypochondriacs...

Ty Korrigan

Wait till you have them mate, I really do think you are for the shock of your life.

Just think how a 4 year old will act during Ramadan? Try explaining that for religious reason you cannot have anything during the fast period.

I am assuming that small children follow those rules aswell, if not, there will be plenty of other situations that will make you realise what having kids is all about.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Showing your ignorance there friend:sneaky2:

Ramadan is not obligatory until around 14 years of age although most children are brought up to fast for a day or two from a young age so like good table manners with the French, fasting comes naturally to muslim kids.

Please try and stay away from refering to my religious choices, I have recently had a belly full of islamaphobia:thumbdown: what with my wedding just passed.

If people want to make cracks about islam to my face they are welcome by the way, my address is on my website.

Ty

I don't see why the kid couldn't sit in the truck with the heater on and a book for the morning.

Ty

I never thought I'd be one of those people who would say "when you have children...." but, when you have children.....

The answer is, because they won't.

When an adult is ill, they're typically pretty level. They also tend to be more logical than emotional. When a child is ill, they're up and down. A child of that age, however sensible, will go through troughs, when they feel rotten and need to cuddle up to Mum or Dad, and peaks when they feel better and get bored. You can't lock them in the cab, as they can't get your attention when they need the toilet, or if they start to feel much worse (not to mention any ethical considerations), or even just "Daddy, I'm bored" so they will suddenly pop up on the worksite - whose job is it to watch out for them? If you're up the tree, what will you do while Dad sorts them out (could take half an hour or so)? If you're on the ground and Dad's up the tree, Dad will have to come down to sort them out. What about safety issues when they first appear and don't fully get the dangers of the situation?

Or, if they stay in the cab and get bored, what buttons can they press? Handbrake? Are you certain there's nothing sharp or otherwise dangerous (e.g. medicines) in the cab?

It's hard enough to keep an eye on them while doing paperwork. Anything else, forget it I'm afraid.

Alec

I know, John, sorry.

I'm tired from working alone and snappy with it.

I don't see why the kid couldn't sit in the truck with the heater on and a book for the morning.

Ty

Probably because your colleague is one of that increasingly rare species known as 'parents who actually give a toss about their kids'. Personally, I would be applauding the guy, not questioning his reasons for quite rightly prioritising family over work. :001_smile:

Showing your ignorance there friend:sneaky2:

Ramadan is not obligatory until around 14 years of age although most children are brought up to fast for a day or two from a young age so like good table manners with the French, fasting comes naturally to muslim kids.

Please try and stay away from refering to my religious choices, I have recently had a belly full of islamaphobia:thumbdown: what with my wedding just passed.

If people want to make cracks about islam to my face they are welcome by the way, my address is on my website.

Ty

Well if you had read the last line, I admitted my ignorance.

I am not having a go at your choice of religion, believe me, I couldn't care less which deity's house you wish to frequent or the code of rules you wish to follow.

I do believe you are showing your own ignorance towards your friend and children/parenthood in general.

Just so you know if this comes across a bit short, I am typing this with a screaming 21 month old boy. Who has been at it for an hour and a half. In the other room a 5 year old who has passed out after yacking up all afternoon.

All whilst my missus has been at a board meeting and leaving party.

When the doctor told me I was a hypocondriac my first thought was " Oh no not that aswell ":001_tongue:

best post in thread:lol:

You dont have to have kids to understand , its the fact I know all to well (sisters have 7 girls between the two of them) thats stopped me ever having any!:lol:

Im sure it is lovely having kids but

A) theres too many breeders, and why isnt two enough for petes sake!:biggrin:

B) im a selfish git!:lol:

I am typing this with a screaming 21 month old boy. Who has been at it for an hour and a half. In the other room a 5 year old who has passed out after yacking up all afternoon.

All whilst my missus has been at a board meeting and leaving party.

You have my sympathy. It was my wife's go today - ended up at the doctor's followed by the two of us administering eye-drops for conjunctivitis to a protesting 2yr old.

Alec