Awful customer care from British Gas

felixthelogchopper

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shower of shite. Milk it for all it's worth Al....:biggrin:

Plumber and builder who are doing the work all independent of British Gas but billing them direct. Pipe getting fixed in the morning so that makes 3 days loss of earnings plus a chunk of compo for the trouble plus the property damage. :001_cool:

Over 2 days since the original damage, the repair to the pipe is finally made by a reputable small local firm (Raymond C Heating of Leigh on Sea) and the water is back on. As far as we can see, the site of the leak was a soldered joint which can only have been damaged when the insulation was done. Assessor has been round and written it all down, including the pine chest of drawers which was under the leak in the bathroom.

See, where you've gone wrong here is when you first got involved with British Gas.

I can't express strongly enough how much you should avoid all these big companies like the plague.

A friend of a friend works in the top level of the complaints department at BT. She told my mother the other day that 'the thing which is most amazing is people still complain, thinking we can do anything about it'.

Service from these firms is a lottery, the best solution is save your money and spend it with a 'proper' company, like you did in the end anyway.

They are ALL TERRIBLE. Remember that and you'll have much less stress.

Get this sorted and get the hell out. But don't waste any time trying to 'make things right', you'll drive yourself into an early grave, cut your losses and run.

I had a problem with BT a couple of years ago, had the ombudsman involved and all sorts, in the end I emailed Michael Rake directly [google him] and he got his own PA to look into it. Between them they still achieved sweet FA.

An utter shower of sh***, all if them....:thumbdown:

See, where you've gone wrong here is when you first got involved with British Gas.

I can't express strongly enough how much you should avoid all these big companies like the plague.

A friend of a friend works in the top level of the complaints department at BT. She told my mother the other day that 'the thing which is most amazing is people still complain, thinking we can do anything about it'.

Service from these firms is a lottery, the best solution is save your money and spend it with a 'proper' company, like you did in the end anyway.

They are ALL TERRIBLE. Remember that and you'll have much less stress.

Get this sorted and get the hell out. But don't waste any time trying to 'make things right', you'll drive yourself into an early grave, cut your losses and run.

I had a problem with BT a couple of years ago, had the ombudsman involved and all sorts, in the end I emailed Michael Rake directly [google him] and he got his own PA to look into it. Between them they still achieved sweet FA.

An utter shower of sh***, all if them....:thumbdown:

Luckily, a great deal of it is easy to prove property damage which can have a monetary value put on it. The burden of proof falls squarely into Ward v Tesco criteria and the company I work for has offered any help I need in sorting it all out. They happen to have a good legal department. :001_smile: