Unseasonned Logs

Backpain

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More to do with with excessively wet summer and winter we have had. Many producers are simply splitting wet wood that isnt getting chance to season like it normally would.

Kilning is the way forward:thumbup1:

Agreed re weather - buggers it right up. Kilning - not very green tho is it?!

Agreed re weather - buggers it right up. Kilning - not very green tho is it?!

Very true, unless its solar powered like mine:thumbup1:

IMAG0780.jpg.10b418e62413c38be8bc8733e77c106b.jpg

The wood I logged this time last year is seasoned but dark in colour. It may be wet from the rain but thats alot different from year old beech that was logged last week. Same old story just people using the wet weather as an excuse to slip green logs out.

Sure has sorted a lot of them out this year for sure. I'd say I've had 8 new customers ring this week saying their "usual" suppliers have recently been supplying "very wet stuff".

Its been dead all winter. I thought I was going to get stuck with a load of 18 month seasoned logs but last 2 weeks has been mad busy. Luckily the cold snap has dragged on otherwise it would have been a different story. I am guessing alot of people have run out and we are hearing some horror stories. Another week or so and I will be out.

18 stoner what did you give for your polly tunnel what size is it how long does the plastic last out? thanks

The hoops were second hand, but the cover was about £600 if I remember correctly.

The tunnel is 27 foot hoops and is 120 foot long. Its about 11 feet high in the middle so plenty of room for a truck or tractor etc.