Transit for arb work

Graham 777

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's our home made chip box.

lifts on/off in one piece when not required, lights just unplug from headboard.

sides are 1/4 " exterior ply, frame consists of box section & plate.

think it cost us £350.00 all in to build and best thing is it lifts off in seconds.

hope u get some inspiration :thumbup1:

twinchip_zpsf29270d3.jpg

tranny2_zps9e9146b0.jpg

DSC_01922-1.jpg

What are the offroad tyres in the first two pics and what are they load rated to please?

I wouldn't entertain a transit size truck for tree work your better off with a 4x4 and tipping trailer, a tranny at best will only ever legally carry 1.3 ton, at least with a Landy and trailer you'll be able to carry 2.3 ton legally.

Its ok adding springs to a truck, but my mate did this and loaded up, in the end his axle studs snapped!

I wouldn't entertain a transit size truck for tree work your better off with a 4x4 and tipping trailer, a tranny at best will only ever legally carry 1.3 ton, at least with a Landy and trailer you'll be able to carry 2.3 ton legally.

Its ok adding springs to a truck, but my mate did this and loaded up, in the end his axle studs snapped!

fair comment, but how do you tow chipper and full trailer of chip??! least with a transit (etc.) you only need 1 vehicle.

fair comment, but how do you tow chipper

small van..............or even wifes car :laugh1: seriously once you've had a fine for overloading it changes your entire view of transit size trucks, you should all really be aspiring for an operators licence and a 7.5 tonner.

If I had my time again a HGV licence would be as important to me as my chainsaw tickets

Edited by Lee Winger

offroad tyres?

i have no idea pal?!

oh yea.lol

the second 2 pics has the all terrains on

no idea the load rating, so long as we aint stuck!

they're for a land rover and they're 3.5t GVW and the speed rating is "P" and they go through mot each year so that's good enough for me.

our trucks normally overloaded most days and never had a blow out yet :thumbup1:

• 6 months later...