looking for a smaller bar

Alasdair

i bought 1 of these

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/70545/Landscaping/Landscaping-Power-Tools/Chainsaws/Ryobi-RCS-4450C-50cm-Petrol-Chainsaw

and was wondering if i can put a smaller bar on it if so can someone tell me where from. everything ive tried searching for has turned up nothing. i was thinking about taking it into my local dealer but im worried about looking like a muppet for asking such questions so i thought would give you guys a chance to take the piss outa me first.

go easy its my first saw bought it when i was a student and couldnt afford 1 of the big boys toys its done find for what ive used it for but after my 2 months work of using chainsaws with big bars i dont like it so i want a smaller one.

cheers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its got a 20" bar on it the now and its too damn big.

pete in that statement the only words that i cant use are than and a. i know i should have waited but its done now next time ill wait until ive got money and buy a proper one.

Have you compared the bar configuration in comparison to other makes? I'm sure they would use off the peg ones as bespoke would be expensive to produce.

i bought 1 of these

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/70545/Landscaping/Landscaping-Power-Tools/Chainsaws/Ryobi-RCS-4450C-50cm-Petrol-Chainsaw

and was wondering if i can put a smaller bar on it if so can someone tell me where from. everything ive tried searching for has turned up nothing. i was thinking about taking it into my local dealer but im worried about looking like a muppet for asking such questions so i thought would give you guys a chance to take the piss outa me first.

go easy its my first saw bought it when i was a student and couldnt afford 1 of the big boys toys its done find for what ive used it for but after my 2 months work of using chainsaws with big bars i dont like it so i want a smaller one.

cheers

Looking at the manual your bars a .325/.050" and cross refrencing with the oregon cataloge you can replace with an 18 or 16" bar. These are the numbers you need to fit a 16"

Bar 160SLGK041

Chain 95VP066E

And if you do buy oregon ask for discount as dealers can knock a huge amount off rrp similar to stihl and husky.

Stick it on Ebay get most of your money back and put it towards a better saw.

Not exactly helpful really, the lads got a new saw for as much as he can afford, and is struggling to find work. Its a struggle to get started and finance all the kit we need. Not a saw I would have chosen, but needs must.

I wasnt trying to be smart but I have had quite a few of these saws come into my workshop with a lot of terminal faults,for example 2 of them have had the flywheel spin on the crank shearing of the aluminum key due to the fact that the taper fit between the parts was so bad.

I know you dont have much money for a better saw but if you can get a good bit back from the saw while it is still running it is better than getting nothing or little back when its toast.

I do sometimes have good second hand saws to sell on,not much in at the moment,but would be happy to try and help you out with a reasonably priced good saw which would last you for a good time.

Perhaps there is someone else here that has something their not using much they would be willing to sell you.

Sorry for the one liner earlier I just didnt want to see you get caught with a money pit.