Beech take down

Rupe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote "A really well made, solid, simple gadget that makes life that little bit easier. By this stage of a removal anything to help out has got to be good.

The block driver is an in-expensive and welcome addition to my collection of tools, I think it will get used a lot from now on." Quote

So.......couple of years down the line, how often do you think you've used the BD?

Reckon three or four times ourselves, but that still equates to gvfm.

Great tool to have access to, imo.

Think your photos and running explanation, was a really well put together post.

Nice one Rupe.

is there some pics missing rupe..?

did you not have some piccies of the bigger lumps being lowered?

cool takedown btw, not done a rigging TD on my own of anything that size...I don't mean height or span but the volume of timber..(it was all rigged down right?).., there's a hell of alot of weight involved in that job and I think the common misconception is that transcends into the amount of effort needed, you pretty much show that to be false, cheers.

.. :thumbup:

is there some pics missing rupe..?

did you not have some piccies of the bigger lumps being lowered?

cool takedown btw, not done a rigging TD on my own of anything that size...I don't mean height or span but the volume of timber..(it was all rigged down right?).., there's a hell of alot of weight involved in that job and I think the common misconception is that transcends into the amount of effort needed, you pretty much show that to be false, cheers.

.. :thumbup:

Yeah, since I posted that, the customer sent me a disc with the other pics, I can put them up here if anyone wants to see.

I think one of the things with controlled rigging (we are all agreed that gravity will do the same job) is that you can put the pieces wherever you want, even 750kgs of beech can be pulled to one side and let go onto a neat pile instead of being buried in the lawn.

Yeah, since I posted that, the customer sent me a disc with the other pics, I can put them up here if anyone wants to see.

I think one of the things with controlled rigging (we are all agreed that gravity will do the same job) is that you can put the pieces wherever you want, even 750kgs of beech can be pulled to one side and let go onto a neat pile instead of being buried in the lawn.

yeah I agree...it's cool to see some big wood being rigged down like that. Which is what is in the other pics iirc...think I saw them on your web page..like a 600kg conker hanging beside you.:001_smile:

It wasn't SRT it was footlock on double rope. Only for the first access, no need for spikes when your starting out, and setting up the rigging. After that change the position of the access line, come down for cuppa and spike back up