ms880 pot & piston

sqirrel21

Had the same trouble last year.

No more than 50hrs use, same can/mix used for all my other saws.

I needed a new pot, piston, coil and something stihl forgot to mention, an extra bit of gizmo on the de-compression button that i think they forgot to put on that years saws...

Came to about £550 plus labour.:thumbdown:

I was told that it was my fault for having the wrong mix?

I am pretty staunch when it comes to my mixes.

HI VTS old fuel can do same mate thats a lot to spend on a saw mate it running now yes jon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just opened a trade account with Garden Hire Spares. Has anyone direct experience of their pots and pistons? Good or Bad?

I have had a couple of pistons from them, One was fine and one I had to send back and get a refund because the piston didnt fit properly and I had a little issue with them selling the same piston at two different prices :001_rolleyes: but this was an error apparently.

The last ones i bought off fleabay were from a seller called Tesgol who seems to know his stuff and sells a few different alternatives price wise.