Efco / AMA / Chinese saws

Brownlie1985

So it's just over £100 ex vat. Assuming they're marking up a standard 50% then they're buying from China @ £65-70. The Chinese manufacturer also makes a profit at this price.

You have to wonder how they cut their costs and make a serviciable product!

It is what it is: a cheaply constructed copy utilising inferior materials that is not designed to last.

Not used it yet as been working day job. But did fill with fluids and fire it up.

Primed bulb few times, one pull on choke and one pull no choke and it was alive.

Sounds good and oil pump working.

I only paid £74 delivered so even cheaper and inferior than your estimate !

If I sell 3 cubes I'm happy its paid!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not used it yet as been working day job. But did fill with fluids and fire it up.

Primed bulb few times, one pull on choke and one pull no choke and it was alive.

Sounds good and oil pump working.

I only paid £74 delivered so even cheaper and inferior than your estimate !

If I sell 3 cubes I'm happy its paid!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

If it does that and you're happy then job's a good un. I hope it isn't more inferior than I think:001_smile:

Did a job for one of my regulars last week and his wife, as usual, was keen to get her hands dirty and wanted a few smaller shrubs "trimming" while I was doing the bigger stuff so off wanders Mr X and comes back with this. Picked it up for $199 or 106 quid. Started up nice and easy, light to handle and for your average lawn mowing contractor who doesn't spend all day swinging it around a tree I suppose it would be quite good. $200 compared to $1500 for the Stihl, it's a no brainer for the home handyman. No idea what the safety is like but I'd imagine it wouldn't be able to be sold by a big NZ/Oz company if it didn't comply with safety regs. 1 year warranty on it too which means under NZ consumer guarantees act, it should last a year.

597663855564f_GraceCrescent003.jpg.932d9f5c673b505f4225be57ddc5d51a.jpg

59766385532af_GraceCrescent002.jpg.c6f83eb1c457632b0de2d99863c55bcc.jpg

597663854fef8_GraceCrescent001.jpg.d3f97d7a8d5f6a5234325502b127cfaf.jpg